ForumsWEPRSerial Killers

132 25380
WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

No doubt they are sick individuals, but everyone feels like killing another human being at one point. It's a part of life, and I myself am fascinated with serial killers. My favorite would be Jeffery Dahmer, you guys?

• 132 Replies
WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

I just keep my anger bottled in, then I go insane in the pit at a good concert. That's my way of dealing with it.. until I get money for a monster bag of "stuff".

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

O_0 slowly walks away........

Lol but ya I have thought about this stuff like why do they do it????

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

^You figure that one out, you let us all know. It's hard to REALLY know what they were thinking, but in order for it to be murder, there must be mens rea. You'll learn all about that if you ever take a criminal justice class. Literally means "evil mind", and it refers to the intents of the criminal at the time of the crime.

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

Sever psychological problems

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Yep. Parental abuse, bad enviroment, influential media, molestation ($exual abuse >.&gt. The list is pretty long, but those are big factors.

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

Yeah, and then theres always the average joe who gets pushed too far and finally snaps.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Yep. I think those people fit under the group "killing spree folk", though.

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

True that. So, would you happen to have a "favorite" serial killer that you find the most interesting, Eshploded?

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Most interesting?

I don't know many, but there was this one guy drilling holes into people head like they used to do centuries ago. Ironic how they thought of phrenology (where old time doctors thought holes in the head released bad spirits) as a healthy practice. Some people survived the holes in the head but had their lives severely messed up.

Cough* So the serial killer drilled a few holes into a kid's head before the kid got up and broke out of the house.

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

Haha. Would it be this duder? http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/t/T/dahmer_j.jpg

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Not sure. My english teacher told the class about it three years ago and I forgot the name. o.o

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

I'm of the opinion that Serials have the same right to life as anyone else.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Alright, so I poked around. First a definition of a serial killer via wikipedia:

A serial killer is a person who murders three or more people with a 'cooling off' period between each murder and whose motivation for killing is largely based on psychological gratification.

So the most fascinating serial killer to me is Elizabeth Bathory. She was a Hungarian Countess in the early 1600s. She was accused of killing and torturing over 600 victims, though those are just the ones that were reported. It is estimated that she did some damage in the 3000s. After he husband died she just seemed to snap. Other people were bring her victims at one point. She was rich and famous so she had places to hide the bodies. It is recorded that they pulled anywhere from 150 to 200 bodies from a single castle of hers.

Also, this was right during the time of the witch scare, so naturally she was labeled as a vampire and became known as "Blood Countess."

I mean to kill over 3000 people in a 30 year span... 1000 victims a year, that means several people a day for 30 years. SHE IS MESSED UP!

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I would have liked to take her out to dinner and see what was up xD
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Erzs%C3%A9betB%C3%A1thory.jpg/200px-Erzs%C3%A9betB%C3%A1thory.jpg

Mr_Hobo_2100
Mr_Hobo_2100
153 posts
Nomad

I think if they kill over 3 people and it was on purpose(mental breakdown not included) should be killed and if it was possible the same way they killed

Showing 31-45 of 132