ForumsWEPR[necro] christianity in schools

259 53970
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok topic is christianity in schools, im stuck in the middle of the bible belt so ever where you turn theres another church, thing is i go to school and its even there (im in 8th grade) and theres teachers teaching it. I personaly am an athiest (or however you spell it) and get upset about the teachers doing this, i have one teacher (language) thatll be talking about a book or something an say for examlpe: "ya we all know thats wrong to do that, it says so in the bible", and i try to get up and say " hey im not a christian or anything so can you please not mention that", and EVERYBODY gets mad, and i get sent to the office and have to talk to the counseler. What i really hate about it is that everybody says there a chirstian, even the hardcore "gangster" kids.what do you guys think about it?

Also im forced to go to church, i actuly just got back from church about an hour ago, do you guys think this is right that my parents force me to go?

• 259 Replies
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Most Christians do good deeds because they think they're gonna end up in heaven, and not because it's a good deed.

Also, I think that school shouldn't be based on a religion, for that is very stupid, a child can be atheist but still forced to go to a religious school because his/her's parents are religious. It's the child's right as a human not to enforce any religion.

Epic563
Epic563
166 posts
Nomad

First of all, I feel bad that your school and parents force religion. That's not right, and you should have total freedom over your religion, I agree with on that.

However, you seem to me mocking my religion in this thread, with is very disrespectful.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

wow, this is one major necro. cmon, lets not necro.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

wow, this is one major necro. cmon, lets not necro.

Ehh my fault, i'll ask Cenere to lock it down, It just randomly floated up when i was browsing
Showing 256-259 of 259