ForumsThe TavernPeople selling "amazing objects" on ebay

18 2926
MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Have you noticed people sell stuff like a piece of cereal that looks like a famous person or like on the news the lady who is selling fish sticks that came out of the bag in crosses.

What do you think and what would you pay for stuff like that?

• 18 Replies
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

That's just weird and mostly just happening by conquesences, but people jus overreact and do anything to try to get money.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well i saw the story about the corn flake that looked like Illinois on the news. Stuff like that is just stupid. People will post high amounts, but they will never pay it up.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, I kind of hate eBay at the moment... I just got 20 bucks for an old exercise machine that cost around $500 originally...

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

i know it is a rip off website i sold 2,100 baseball cards and only got 40.00 that is a rip off.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Hey LeBron I think it's easier and way better to sell your cards at a card shop because most of the time there prices are a little higher then ebays, so you'll most likely will get more money.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ha, I found this on the 85th page. I might seel some super old pokemon cards on ebay? Should I and I think buying the sun and stuff on ebay is funny becuse some people do.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

The Illinois Cornflake could've easily been chipped or something into that shape, it's no coincidence.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

The Illinois Cornflake could've easily been chipped or something into that shape, it's no coincidence.

HAVE YOU SEEN CORNFLAKES???

If you have you know well how they will come out.

Yea seriosuly ebay is full is selling some junk for money.

My friend told me and Xbox was on ebay for 5 dollars and it was just a box with an X on it.
purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

well I saw recently about two weeks ago someone was selling an air guitar and an air drumset lol but I have also seen a jar of air that brittany spears breathed in

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

The craziest thing i'e ever seen on eBay was a half-used box of cigarettes sold for $1,000,000! Someone was in a bidding war...

morbid_giggle
morbid_giggle
137 posts
Nomad

Some british TV presenter sold a banana she had bitten on Ebay, but i cant remember how much it sold for.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Okay, here's something. Someone was selling absolutely nothing and the bidding went up to 12,000 pounds.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/21/ebayer_sells_nothing

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

you always have to read the fine print when bidding on ebay.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

you always have to read the fine print when bidding on ebay.

Yeah, definitely. A ton of crap sells for way too much money.
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

A guy sold his grandma on eBay and got 1,000,000 bucks for her. I'm not too sure if he actually shipped over his own grandmother, but it's quite a story!

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8425/freericewe8.png

Showing 1-15 of 18