ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest!

607 99738
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

It's that time again! Spring is a great season full of inspiration, which we are hoping will help you make some great armatars. Now I know that it isn't spring everywhere right now, but it is for the AG office. So how this works is that you can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Spring. If I like it, I will add it to the 0AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

Keep in mind that there are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted. So be sure to check those out.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome spring armatars =)

• 607 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Autumn officially begins on the Autumnal equinox which corresponds to the time in September of the year when the sun is directly above the equator.

This is usually the 20th or 21st.

Winter begins on the winter solstice which corresponds to the time the sun is directly above the tropic of Capricorn usually Dec. 20 or 21.

Spring begins at the Vernal Eqinox (sun above equator) March 20 or 21.

Summer starts with the Summer Solstice when the Sun is above the tropic of Cancer. June 21 or 22

(I got this off Yahoo Answers)

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Can we please just stop talking about when the seasons start and get back on topic?

Like I said flippin, I think the first one looks better now that I've seen them both.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I think the first one looks better now that I've seen them both.

I thought that too. I just suck at this kind of stuff. lol
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oh, sorry MagiX. I never really commented on yours. I think the v2 looks better. It looks a lot more clear than the other one.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I thought that too. I just suck at this kind of stuff. lol

Well, maybe if you made one that was bigger than the second one and smaller than the first one, it'd look even better. And don't worry about sucking at this stuff.

That was the first picture I've made for here in the forums. All my other pictures were random stick people fighting. >_<
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Go ahead and ask anyone. Besides your stupid self, and they will either say 'March 20th' or ''i don't know'
Seriously, YOU ARE WRONG.
Just accept it.

No flaming, it just makes you sound a tad stupid. Anyway, here in DK spring starts in March it seems, summer in June, Autumn in September and Winter in December. The first in the month due to it being easier to remember. At least that is how I have learned it. So no bashing people for having a slightly different def. of something, please?

Of course I will join this, as I asked Carlie about this as well, wasting her time. Never got an answer, but got this instead, so I find it more than fair.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

@MagiX I like V2 a tad more colourful which is very springy both are very good though and have come out well.

@Flippin3500 I reckon the first one look better a bigger brown bit suits it somehow and looks more realistic.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr313/LineMagiX/springavvyfinished.png i guess i'll go with this one then.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

So, how is it decided who wins when the deadline comes around? And where's Carlie?

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Can we make one by altering our own origninal images in paint shop pro?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

sheesh this thread has turned into something that belongs in the World Politics section or something, with all of the debating going on about when Spring starts. Spring started around March 20th for me(not saying it didn't start at the same time anywhere else) but the competition didn't start at the beginning of Spring, it started on Easter Sunday, but I think while they wanted to create a competition for it, they are not much for creating competitions based on certain religiously based holidays from what I have seen, so I am thinking(and this is just me being analytical and making assumptions) that they just made it about Spring instead. Otherwise it would make not too much sense to me, unless they want to do this every time a season comes around or something from now on...

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Smithrope38, you can only submit original, spring themed images. That dragon does not look original, and it is not spring themed. Please review the Guidelines before posting any further images.

As far as the exact date that spring started... it doesn't matter, it really isn't pertinent to this contest. The fact is, it is spring now, and spring is going to last for a few more months yet. No, it is not spring in every part of the world. But I explained that in the topic post of this thread.

Also, I will not be accepting Easter themed armatars. Please try to focus on Spring images, and not holidays within spring. I specifically did not do a contest for Easter, because I don't think it would be right to have them for particularly religious holidays.

And last but not least... I really do not want to see any further bickering on this thread. Looking through here, I see that the majority of all posts here are arguments. If you don't have anything nice to say, do not post it in this thread. This is supposed to be a fun contest, but if people cannot behave I will have to start disqualifying you from the contest and start deleting all offensive posts. So please, lets get this back on track and focus on the armatars, not getting angry at each other.

With that all said... I look forward to seeing some more armatars =)

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Also, I will not be accepting Easter themed armatars. Please try to focus on Spring images, and not holidays within spring. I specifically did not do a contest for Easter, because I don't think it would be right to have them for particularly religious holidays.

Where did that come from? I said basically the same thing in the post before that, except not as a statement, but more as of a theory as to why you started it on that date. Anyways I don't believe I have seen anyone post any Easter related submissions yet though.

Anyways do you plan on having this one run like the other where ever so often you upload some of them up their that you think are worthy or whatever?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh hey, I didn't see Carlie's post there before I'd typed this.

http://www.annettesceramics.com/images/ ⦠n.jpg
i didnt know how to put the picture here, but heres the link
It needs to be a picture you've made yourself, not a photography of someone's sculpture.
Though I don't know if a photography of a sculpture you'd made would qualify.

Can anyone help me with my problem on paint without recommending a site that I need to download? When I change the settings to 100x100 it takes that much of the picture in the top left, instead of shrinking it.
Upload to Photobucket and go into the edit settings. Can be done there, though I know it can be done in Paint as well. I just can't remember how.

So, how is it decided who wins when the deadline comes around? And where's Carlie?

As for who wins, nobody wins. The armatars Carlie thinks are fitting to have available as spring armatars will be put up when she gets around to it, and stay up for a while.

Anyways I don't believe I have seen anyone post any Easter related submissions yet though.
I think Zega did an Easter Bunny/egg thing?

Lazyyyyyyyyy... Will put one up eventually...
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Anyways I don't believe I have seen anyone post any Easter related submissions yet though.

There were a few towards the beginning of the thread.

Anyways do you plan on having this one run like the other where ever so often you upload some of them up their that you think are worthy or whatever?

Yep! It will work just like the other ones, where I will check in occasionally to review the most recent submissions, and then upload some of them.
Showing 61-75 of 607