ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest!

607 99718
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

It's that time again! Spring is a great season full of inspiration, which we are hoping will help you make some great armatars. Now I know that it isn't spring everywhere right now, but it is for the AG office. So how this works is that you can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Spring. If I like it, I will add it to the 0AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

Keep in mind that there are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted. So be sure to check those out.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome spring armatars =)

• 607 Replies
silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

Anyways I don't believe I have seen anyone post any Easter related submissions yet though.

I think Zega did an Easter Bunny/egg thing?

Lazyyyyyyyyy... Will put one up eventually...

Zophia I would say mines a bit Easter related too.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Oh, I want to post my armatar here! I have one first off still from Easter, which people might like. Spent ages on it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3656/3396040810_f9c2bdcbf6.jpg?v=0

Does it qualify?

And I'll make another one. How about leaves or a tree?

Oh, and Carlie, I love your new armatar. Is it a new one or you just unlocked it?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Carlie said:

Also, I will not be accepting Easter themed armatars. Please try to focus on Spring images, and not holidays within spring. I specifically did not do a contest for Easter, because I don't think it would be right to have them for particularly religious holidays.

People, please read. No Easter themes please. We are in the wanting of
Spring
themes.

So..you know. Trees, flowers, grass, clouds. That sorta thing. Springy.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

There were a few towards the beginning of the thread.

OK yeah I looked back and found about two of them before you made that post. One of them I had forgotten about when I had posted that. Anyways nice to see mine made the cut though.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Does it qualify?

No it doesn't, sorry!

Is it a new one or you just unlocked it?

There are a few that I uploaded already in the 0AP section.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Wow the spring armatars are already up for grabs?
I think under the armatar it should say who it was made by

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well you can always look at this thread to see for yourself Firetail, although that would be nice, it may require a little bit more formatting then just uploading an image to the list.

Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

Here is my try, hope you like it.
http://empireforum.forumotion.net/users/a7/67/19/42/album/armata10.jpg

hehe i like mines

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

People, please read. No Easter themes please

got it Devy(New nickname). If you want, delete my other post. Here is my better one. It's a tree.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3395/3439147427_484b4ee45c.jpg?v=0

Tadaaa!!! It's okay... Here is the original copy at full scale. Bit bigger

Image is here.

I hope I did decent work!
Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

Nice it looks cool.
Good work ulimitedpower, but what about mine.
it looks ignored, hehehehe...

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I love the new avatars!

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Good work ulimitedpower,

Thanks Zanto.

I like yours, what I found funny was that the tree was one of those pink ones I can't name. Very nice. Hope both of ours get added.

I love the new avatars!

Great to know.

There are a few that I uploaded already in the 0AP section.

O AP? That's a joke! That is an amazing armatar!!!! It's ripe for a Nobel prize. Who made it?... xtiamotx!! Well done on that! Liked both versions. They rock. I wouldn't be surprised if it became an actual armatar for 2000+ AP. Really well done... And the rest are too9I flipped through the pages, Flippin, so I saw yours too. And this person, and that one...)
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Smithrope, I'd like you to reread this part of the rules:

4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.

What is meant by "original" in this context, is that it must be made by you, and be your own original work - not something found somewhere on the internet.

The reason for this is copyright issues - even though there's awesome spring pics out there, they're not for ArmorGames. They belong to someone. The armatars must be made specifically for this site.

Also, that pic isn't square, so even if you had made it yourself, you'd need to crop it.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

im sorry but i just dont know how to put the pictures on the comment, sorry

Here is the link: Very cool link

You simply forgot to close the link box by clicking a second time on the link button. But that looks like a real piece of art, and not from one of our users, so we can't/won't use it.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Hey, I've got a question. Can we enter more than one picture?

Showing 76-90 of 607