ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest!

607 99727
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

It's that time again! Spring is a great season full of inspiration, which we are hoping will help you make some great armatars. Now I know that it isn't spring everywhere right now, but it is for the AG office. So how this works is that you can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Spring. If I like it, I will add it to the 0AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

Keep in mind that there are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted. So be sure to check those out.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome spring armatars =)

• 607 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I know what you're thinking "What do aliens have to do with Spring" but this is honestly supposed to be a lamb nestled among daffoldils at sunset on a spring day.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7752/springv.jpg

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Hey, I've got a question. Can we enter more than one picture?
We've been allowed to do that the previous times, so I would assume yes. Especially since this is a contest with no other prize than being able to use your armatar.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

We've been allowed to do that the previous times, so I would assume yes. Especially since this is a contest with no other prize than being able to use your armatar.

Ok, thanks Zoph. I guess I'll start working on another one and try to make this one look better. I mean seriously, of the four that made it, mine is the worst. :P
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Springbird.png
Bird?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Amazing Zophia!
If that gets put up I'm definitely using it!

dragonball, suggestion for your armatar is to make the ladybug bigger

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for the suggestiong fire, but mines already been put up. :P Where's yours fire? You said in the first page you might enter one. I wanna see your art skills. And don't worry if you're not that good. I suck at art on computers, but mine still made it. :P

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hmm I just thought up something I could use for another a second armatar...

xtiamotx
xtiamotx
74 posts
Nomad

O AP? That's a joke! That is an amazing armatar!!!! It's ripe for a Nobel prize. Who made it?... xtiamotx!! Well done on that! Liked both versions. They rock. I wouldn't be surprised if it became an actual armatar for 2000+ AP. Really well done... And the rest are too9I flipped through the pages, Flippin, so I saw yours too. And this person, and that one...)

Thanks! I'm glad everyone is liking the art I do. Maybe I'll share some more some time. ^_^
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Bird?

Oh no! Zophia wrote a one word comment. Must flag... Only joking. Flagging a mod, what a joke. Lovely picture. Really good. Looks sort of manga. Has mine been forgotten already? Sniff.

Tough, but it's for the fun, not money, sorry AP.
"What do aliens have to do with Spring"

An alien? I thought it was (/!&R"&!/·!/&·%!5 Inappropriate word that only robots could process). But the background and things around the lamb thing are pretty good.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah xiatmotx I am thinking if you draw often that you should try to participate in the Art Skills Competition some time. We need more good artists in there.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

But the background and things around the lamb thing are pretty good.

What? you maen something I did at art was ok Yay
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Thanks! I'm glad everyone is liking the art I do. Maybe I'll share some more some time. ^_^
Oh yes, please do. :3 Follow the example of other users and create a thread for posting random art of yours in~

Oh no! Zophia wrote a one word comment. Must flag... Only joking. Flagging a mod, what a joke.
It's a myth that one word posts are always spam. They're ALMOST always spam, but occasionally there's not really a need to anything else.

Lovely picture. Really good. Looks sort of manga.
Thank you~, though I'm not sure what to think of the manga comment.

yeah xiatmotx I am thinking if you draw often that you should try to participate in the Art Skills Competition some time. We need more good artists in there.
Always~
Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

Hope the upload mine,it doesn't look charming but some will use it.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK, I just made what you could call a prequel to my first entry, I call this one April Showers...

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Spring2.png

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Nice one crimson. So the one you entered before is a May flower? Are there any pilgrims on it? :O

Okay, I'm really sorry for that pun. :P

I'm beginning to think of a new picture. I'm hoping to think up the rest of it soon.

Showing 91-105 of 607