ForumsGamesSaves...

7 3900
lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

First, I had made a save file, which I played a bit. Later on, it was erased, and I created four new save files...then those four save files were erased, and replaced by the first save file...I know clearing the cache can clear saves, but how did the first save come back?

• 7 Replies
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

could it be from the cookies? i know clearing cookies for me also clears the saves

Kavesk
Kavesk
141 posts
Nomad

At some point in the past, AG started saving Sonny 2 files in a different folder called cache.armorgames.com instead of the original folder, armorgames.com, which "erased" your saves. Recently, however, it switched back to the original folder, so those "erased" saves came back. You can access either and switch them if you want. On Windows XP, the path should be something like

C:\\Documents and Settings\\username\\Application Data\\Macromedia\\Flash Player\\#SharedObjects\\some random letters and numbers,

where the bold stuff will vary. This folder contains all save files from all sites, and you'll find both cache.armorgames.com and armorgames.com. Move the desired saves (slot#.sol files) from cache.armorgames.com into armorgames.com

Kavesk
Kavesk
141 posts
Nomad

Seems like my copy/paste added some extra backslashes. It should be:

C:\\\\Documents and Settings\\username\\Application Data\\Macromedia\\Flash Player\\#SharedObjects\\some random letters and numbers

Kavesk
Kavesk
141 posts
Nomad

I hate these forums so much. There should only be one backslash between each thing, except after C:

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Hmm...ok, I found both of the folders, but armorgames.com only has slot1.sol, and cache.armorgames.com has a bunch of random letters and numbers which...I'm pretty sure are not the saves.

Also, wouldn't it be rather inpractical to switch to one, then back to the other? It's just extra energy to save in the same spot...

Blacktail
Blacktail
40 posts
Nomad

I can't find the folder because there doesn't seem to be "Application Data" anywhere.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Application Data is a hidden folder. Just type in the location in the post above.

If you're operating on Vista, it's a different path.

C:\\\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Macromedia\\Flash Player\\#ShareObjects

I'm not entirely sure if it's "Roaming" since I'm not on Vista right now.

On another note, the backslash is an escape character and the escape sequence of two backslashes produces one backslash in output. I'm pretty sure that, in part, has to do with the problem of presenting backslashes on the forums.

Showing 1-7 of 7