ForumsPopular Media[NECRO] Rock or Rap?

410 116834
Tommy13z
Tommy13z
31 posts
Peasant

KOkay this is were things might get a little messed up i have always argued with everyone over this topic I say ROCK is better no matter what if you say otherwise or if you agree REPLY.

• 410 Replies
Knightmare
Knightmare
2 posts
Nomad

yes rock rules, but only rock like metal.hard rock... no emo because EMO IS NOT ROCK

theillest300
theillest300
9 posts
Nomad

RAP!

Zihark
Zihark
309 posts
Nomad

ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

I'll pick classic rock over rap any day. No offense, but I can't stand rap. Not my style.

cykotic_gamer_
cykotic_gamer_
153 posts
Nomad

rap+country=crap! metal rules

fride76
fride76
93 posts
Nomad

you cant just blaintly say is rap better than rock. in ever genre there are good songs along with bad ones,and if you say every song in one of them is bad, then you are just being closed minded. however i find to like more rock songs than rap, but i enjoy both.

Cam
Cam
28 posts
Nomad

I hate rap. Hate it. Hate it! It doesn't even sound like music to me! I love rock though. The people who sing rap are usually messed up too.

Keviage
Keviage
4 posts
Nomad

Lol only almost rock here, i think rock sucks. Rap is just good nice beat and stuff. but most of people who also say they listen hiphop or rap the only know 50 cent and those sucking rappers and those suck you must listen the real stuff like Nas Obie Trice and Twista those are good.

WWERocks
WWERocks
2 posts
Nomad

I like rock. Rap is good, but rocks better to me.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

rock will own rap anyday

Knox
Knox
9 posts
Nomad

Definately rock. Why?

Because the only talent in rap would be the DJ.

Freaky4Life
Freaky4Life
15 posts
Nomad

I love the rock sound myslef:P

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

i like both rap and rock but for me rap is better but in general rock is better cause it is way more diverse

choogly
choogly
40 posts
Nomad

Rock owns rap anyday, but good rap from the 80's beats the new shit like linkin park or new greenday. I hate it when people say they prefer rock over or rap, and then proceed to say they like fallout boy or shit like that. Rock is better because it has so many offshoots, and one of the offshoots, metal, has many offshoots itself. There are only like 4 kinds of rap. Also, metal (I'm just going to talk about metal from here on because im a bit of a metalhead) is infinitely more complex than rap. The heavier stuff is almost always an aqquired taste,and I realized thats because the heavy stuff has so many layers, and truly takes an open mind to appreciate. If I even hear new rap (or new "rock" for that matter) I am instantly disgusted by the little effort invested in these songs being put into making it catchy, as opposed to deep. Someone said once that good music should be good even 20 years later, and I've really clung to that, because if you can listen to a song and say "thats such a 90's song" it probably isn't too good. I know I may be going too deeply into this, but even the best rap doesn't top the best rock/metal, because rock/metal has so much more emotion put into it, and sometimes (much more often than rap anyways) it has lyrics that really make you think.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Rock, I used liked rap until it started getting wierd and sometimes racist, sexist. That's all I hear lately.

Showing 31-45 of 410