Green12324

4,244 posts

rock will own rap anyday

Posted Jan 19, '08 at 3:48pm

Knox

Knox

9 posts

Definately rock. Why?

Because the only talent in rap would be the DJ.

Posted Jan 19, '08 at 4:48pm

Freaky4Life

Freaky4Life

17 posts

I love the rock sound myslef:P

Posted Jan 20, '08 at 2:01am

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

i like both rap and rock but for me rap is better but in general rock is better cause it is way more diverse

Posted Jan 20, '08 at 8:55pm

choogly

choogly

41 posts

Rock owns rap anyday, but good rap from the 80's beats the new shit like linkin park or new greenday. I hate it when people say they prefer rock over or rap, and then proceed to say they like fallout boy or shit like that. Rock is better because it has so many offshoots, and one of the offshoots, metal, has many offshoots itself. There are only like 4 kinds of rap. Also, metal (I'm just going to talk about metal from here on because im a bit of a metalhead) is infinitely more complex than rap. The heavier stuff is almost always an aqquired taste,and I realized thats because the heavy stuff has so many layers, and truly takes an open mind to appreciate. If I even hear new rap (or new "rock" for that matter) I am instantly disgusted by the little effort invested in these songs being put into making it catchy, as opposed to deep. Someone said once that good music should be good even 20 years later, and I've really clung to that, because if you can listen to a song and say "thats such a 90's song" it probably isn't too good. I know I may be going too deeply into this, but even the best rap doesn't top the best rock/metal, because rock/metal has so much more emotion put into it, and sometimes (much more often than rap anyways) it has lyrics that really make you think.

Posted Jan 21, '08 at 4:17am

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

Rock, I used liked rap until it started getting wierd and sometimes racist, sexist. That's all I hear lately.

Posted Jan 21, '08 at 7:16pm

Tommy13z

Tommy13z

31 posts

i Agree with the remark that was made earlier that new rock bands (EX. My Chemical Romance, Matchbook Romance)
suck balls BIG HUGE MONKEY BALLS but as much as they suck they cannot even be compared to RAP which so everyone understands sucks more than huge monkey balls IDK whats worse than that. And yes there is better new age ROCK BANDS than my chem and whatnot Such As: DRAGONFORCE, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, DISTURBED, and ofcourse AVENGED SEVENFOLD

PS...
TASTE OF CHAOS Tour coming to CHICAGO CANNOT WAIT YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK IT OUT

Posted Jan 21, '08 at 7:24pm

cykotic_gamer_

cykotic_gamer_

163 posts

rap sucks

Posted Jan 21, '08 at 8:22pm

LordBob

LordBob

563 posts

rock

Posted Jan 21, '08 at 9:18pm

choogly

choogly

41 posts

tommy......ur breaking my balls man. The bands you mentioned all suck. They are all either nu-metal or metalcore, the two most pussy forms of metal. Dragonforce is a speed metal band that uses speed as a gimmick. I'm not trying to be a douche, if you want to know some good bands I can share with you what little I know.