ForumsPopular Media[NECRO] Rock or Rap?

410 116611
Tommy13z
Tommy13z
31 posts
Peasant

KOkay this is were things might get a little messed up i have always argued with everyone over this topic I say ROCK is better no matter what if you say otherwise or if you agree REPLY.

• 410 Replies
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Rap just is annoying and so that means ROCK and how'd u guys get Carlie to post here with the green writing its sweet so my answer is green I mean rock

psychobiz
psychobiz
6 posts
Nomad

Rock by far beats rap. Rap, to me, is nothing but noise, and although you get some rare good ones, they're far and in between. Whereas rock is something you can't really go wrong in :3 Again, that's just my opinion.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

i would go with rock and classic rock is the best lynyrd skynyrd & led zeppelin

JamMasterJay
JamMasterJay
7 posts
Jester

Rock is in my opinion better than Rap because it is mostly hand made and not artificial

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

rock is better, metal is even better

wolfboystev693
wolfboystev693
31 posts
Farmer

A lot of people support rap, here's why i think rap is better-
1) Many people say that its easy to rap and its hard to make rap.
A person can maybe become good in guitar with maybe 2 or 3 years, but good rap it takes some time to make, yes there are some people who can make rap as fast as it takes to make a sandwich,but there really good( Eminem made a song and recorded it within 10 mins!!!)

2)I feel that most rock or heavy metal songs have no meaning to them although there a few exceptions like Numb by linkin park. On the other hand rap really has some depth and meaning to it if listened closely, songs about freedom and equality in America have been common in the hood through the 1960's, yes over here as well there are some exceptions, songs about spending money on women and drinks and bragging about how rich you are and all. But comparing it with rock I fell its few.
3)I'm sure rap is much more inspiring than rock and metal, just listen to the lyrics of Not Afraid my Eminem, u'll understand.
4)Rap is not rick ross or chris brown, its Eminem , Tupac and many more, Eg- Eminem sings about his life, the problems he faced, the difficulties he had, check out the song Lose yourself, then u'll understand.
But don't think I hate rock, i like alternative rock and my fav band is One Republic

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

A lot of people support rap, here's why i think rap is better-
1) Many people say that its easy to rap and its hard to make rap.
A person can maybe become good in guitar with maybe 2 or 3 years, but good rap it takes some time to make, yes there are some people who can make rap as fast as it takes to make a sandwich,but there really good( Eminem made a song and recorded it within 10 mins!!!)

2)I feel that most rock or heavy metal songs have no meaning to them although there a few exceptions like Numb by linkin park. On the other hand rap really has some depth and meaning to it if listened closely, songs about freedom and equality in America have been common in the hood through the 1960's, yes over here as well there are some exceptions, songs about spending money on women and drinks and bragging about how rich you are and all. But comparing it with rock I fell its few.
3)I'm sure rap is much more inspiring than rock and metal, just listen to the lyrics of Not Afraid my Eminem, u'll understand.
4)Rap is not rick ross or chris brown, its Eminem , Tupac and many more, Eg- Eminem sings about his life, the problems he faced, the difficulties he had, check out the song Lose yourself, then u'll understand.
But don't think I hate rock, i like alternative rock and my fav band is One Republic

see here is the thing. while a do agree with you that many rap songs do have extreme depth to them such as aesop rock, outkast, or tupac, there are just as many rappers that rap about *****es and hoes. the same can be said for rock though. while there are many songs that are great and have wonderful lyrics such as pink floyd, streetlight manifesto, and many many more, there are plenty such as seether who just complain about stuff the whole time. so any arguement that you make for either side can be said again for the opposing side.

and rap is a sub genre of rock anyways, as is alternative. so the whole arguement is pointless everyone
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

and rap is a sub genre of rock anyways, as is alternative. so the whole arguement is pointless everyone

I also think arguing which type of artistic expression is "best" just as pointless, but saying rap (by which you likely mean hip-hop music) is a subgenre of rock is factually incorrect.
It was born out of funk, disco, R&B and spoken word.

But yes. Music isn't a competition, it's expression. There aren't right or wrong, better or worse genres of expression. The only thing that matters is how effectively artists use those genres.
MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

I like rock and rap

wolfboystev693
wolfboystev693
31 posts
Farmer

But yes. Music isn't a competition, it's expression. There aren't right or wrong, better or worse genres of expression. The only thing that matters is how effectively artists use those genres.

Yes u are definitely right.

and rap is a sub genre of rock anyways, as is alternative.

Alternative is a sub genre but not rap.
But even if that is that is the fact, rap is more inspirational than heavy metal.
Seriously what's inspiring in Heavy metal?

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Its very weird having Rock Vs Rap cause they are so diff, Rap is a small Genre but Rock is very big u have, Alt Rock, Pop Rock, Punk Rock, Heavy Metal, Classical rock and Etc, so its not really i can chose upon since i like both, but if they were levelled to each other i would chose ROCK.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I say neither. Also, you can't really compare the two.
I for one don't go for rock or rap.

redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Rock as in Rock and Roll and rockabilly from the 1950's
Otherwise Rap

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

But even if that is that is the fact, rap is more inspirational than heavy metal.
Seriously what's inspiring in Heavy metal?

You agree with me that there's no point in judging entire genres of music, then turn around and say this.

What.
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

i can like both genres at times. I love rock, any type, and i like some types of rap. Like the rap that plays on the radio a lot is good i only like the curent rap hits for rap.. But for rock, it is dapro

Showing 376-390 of 410