ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491447
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Sorry I missed a day, I fell asleep while playing. Only missed 1 wave. Decided it wasnt worth the risk accidently clicking exit or something so I took the day off.

I have proposal for the above issues:

3 new skills:

1. Ability progression: Buy lvl7 gems expensive, buy level 7 gems middle, Buy lvl 8 expensive, buy level 8 middle, buy level 9 expensive, buy lvl 7/8 cheap, buy lvl 9 middle, buy lvl 9 cheap

2. 3 saves per level. must complete GoE to access. should be like 100 skill pts. Second and final purchase unlimited saves.

3. Progressive reduction of ALL slowing effects to absolute zero. These should be cheap.

I have 15K skill pts so some of the top skills could be restrictivly expensive to encourage going and getting pts from some of the less played skills (swarm, carapace... etc.)

If GemInABottle wants to have success w/GC2 I think it would be to their advantage to prove that they will continue to support it a little longer than the first two months.

YAYFORME,

Can you post pictures/stats? I would love to follow your game :-) plz/thx/gl

This session 10hrs:

wave 168

3.7T pts, *505 multiplier
lag report: Suicidal (Bing Crosby)

I over angered because I would reeeeally like to get to 4t pts but pts cost mega hp nowadays. (70m hp for 100K pts). I think I have enough on the board to get there (cross my fingers). I have to back off on angering because I'm getting too far behind and I'm close enough to really high hps to clear the board and get a running start.

milestone: 8 digit manapool

Inventory

I've added a 300K on the west side and upgraded 12 of the 50Ks to 96K and have 13 Traps at 25K in trap value (120K tower) leading into the wiz hut. Tracked 4 or 5 straggling towers from early waves and upgraded to 50K. I'll try to get an accurate inventory once I clear the board.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/10mmanapool.png

GOAL: Get total 68 (more) towers at 125K so that when I start to fall behind (typically wave 194) I can put them all in traps and start to replace towers. There's no reason to stop building even once they're all on the board. LONG ways to go yet.

C, miss your game :-(

PS can anybody tell me what my amatar is? =)

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

I think we have to accept the fact that GIAB does NOT want this game to be played as we play it - for days on end. It was not intended as that in his mind. We will have to wait and see if he changes his thinking and then incorporate features into the game and thus change the nature of the game. Remember that there are no other TD games that you can play for days on end or that has in-level saves.

Some of the limitations of the game might be to do with Flash and ActionScript, which means that he has little control over memory leaks, etc.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

PS: Munch it looks like the snout of an animal (monster?)

I'm at level 51, trying to play all the different modes for all the levels and I'm now so thoroughly bored I fall alseep every time I try and play. Then I get overrun by monsters because I don't build enough gems.

I'm having a really hard time improving my starts. I cannot get a decent mana farm going before wave 20 - I don't know what I'm missing.

My method is as follows: I bomb 3 grade 3 orange, 3 grade 2 orange, 3 grade 3 red. Then I merge the grade 3 R/o for 3 grade 4 R/O and merge two grade 2 O into one of the gems. I keep the grade 2 O and R for further gem creation. I place the 3 grade 4 gems into traps.

Then I anger the first wave to armor 6 or 8 and start with the game. As soon as I have some more gems, I anger the 2nd and 3rd waves.

THen I create 6 grade 2 gems, and transmute them into 3 O and 3 R and create a grade 3 O and R. I then try to create some more grade 2/3 O gems and merge them into my existing grade 4s to up the mana and speed, but I don't get much improvement. At the same time I try to up my mana multiplier to 1.5 or higher.

ANy advice on how I can improve? I tried reading back in the thread, but it is simply too long at this time.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

3.76 and 3.7 is big diff when going for 4t, im guessing that you have over 3.8 on the board, anger 169 mildly and 170 to abuot 100m hp then after that just anger monsters to only 50m hp to clear the board

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

well munch, if i were u, go for 4t then dont anger alot after that.. just try to beat 228 and then go for high score lol

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

While I have been unable to safely attempt all 228 waves of the final level, I have been able to play some of the other maps; 4bill score from map 76 on normal mode. (that's on my main save file-I maxed out the skills on the normal only file, just after the third gaurdian, and haven't played on it since.)

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

not sure when ill ever try again, id need a new comp at least

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

oh, and munch...i'm not sure what the thing in the front is, but one of the things in the backround looks like one of the hidden amulets, and another looks like the mana pool spell icon.

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

hmmm

AsSto
AsSto
64 posts
Nomad

Karsten75, try that :

Make 5 lvl 3 O and keep Lime. make level 2 O and keep one lime.

put level 3 O in traps and combine the level 2 also. Make one tower with lvl 4 L/O.

Merge 2 lvl O in the first trap. Supergem with O and R lvl 1 until maxed. Repeat one or two times depending on your start.

When mana begin to flow, make a lvl6 R that you keep. Then buy 3 level 6 gem you transmute. Super gem with O lvl 1 only until maxed (279 FS). Repeat for the rest of the path. When mana begin to flow a lot, anger monsters 4-5 waves so the armor if over the lvl 6 max damage and the monster won't die until you finish the path. After you have a full path farm and you can begin bigger gem that will kill previous monsters in a second and you can begin to anger more and to make score.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

thats not even close to what i did, i combined all into 1 grade 6 r/o at the beginning the supergemmed with 1s and mana pooled, then made 2 then 3 then boom

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...what I do is this:
1. Transmute to have three grade 3 orange, 3 grade three red
2. make 2 grade 4 r/o
3. Transmute some grade 2's to red-on levels without all 8 gems, select colors carefully.
4. stuff two reds into each grade 4 r/0
5. place grade 4 r/0's in traps.

6. As soon as possible, make a third grade 4 r/0, and start supergemming them.

...This is what I've now begun to use, though...not on the goe level. I'm still too likely to get killed by a red x attack from my parents

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Oh AsSto, thanks for the advice. I forgot to tell you that I am playing a level where I have to keep a R and O gem to seed further gems, since I'm not getting these gems as part of that level.

But I'll try your advice (and those of the others ans see how it pans out.

I'm not sure I can get a grade 6 R/O gem at the start, though. Perhaps if I combine some of the grade 2 gems...hmmm.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

AsSto, I failed miserably. I'm going to have to keep trying at this.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

The game is gone. Opened new window and went to photobucket and uploaded this picture (last one), toggled back to the game and it was at the GC main menu. Don't know what happened.

I just finished making 2 X 250K and 3 X 150K .

I have...had 500 monsters at 150m and they would have been gone by 182. I was having to anger that high because I wasn't keeping my mana flow up. That's the past.

final:
wave 180
3.89t, *525,

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/lvl180.png

Showing 1186-1200 of 2103