ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491463
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

What I think happens is that you have one or more monsters with massive banishment costs and they go through your wizard tower and you're dead. Could that be it?

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Nobody was on their second lap :-(

sniff

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Sorry 3rd lap. And it would have been on the DEFEAT screen in that event.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

There are 500 monsters on the track and you know all of them?

If you play the Endurance level, you don't see the DEFEAT screen. But you are right, it could be a bug.

I just believe in the theory of looking for a easy explanation first.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Of course. Let's see... there Maggie, Milly, Molly, Minnie, May...Zola, Zsazsa :-)

I've lost twice on GoE because of banishment costs and got the defeat screen both times. The other four times were acts of god or stupidity. I'm not ruling out the later this time but why/how back to the main menu?

Most of the monsts weren't making it around one time and even the 200m weren't making it around twice. Plus remember my mana was increasing at 1.3 -1.6 mill per frame and now here's the catchall - it was paused :â¢}

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

I have to clarify that muck at the end there is an itouch glitch not an expletive =)

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

do you have siblings?
Maybe when you paused you managed to press the return to map button? (That's killed some of my starts).

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

munch just came a bigger believer in save game

i feel horrible, after reaching 4t u should have just called them faster and forget mana pool or angering, just win to avoid risk of that

the 2x u lost due to banishment...what was the banishment cost, and what was teh firepower/monsters left

Grimagin
Grimagin
6 posts
Farmer

Gem Craft was probably the greatest flash game ever invented considering it is the greatest tower defence game ever to exist on the fase of the flash games' realm.

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

Gem Craft was probably the greatest flash game ever invented considering it is the greatest tower defence game ever to exist on the fase of the flash games' realm

it had potential to be.
but as seen by the glitches and no save while in game option...
its leaning toward amazing but not best.
so sad to witness a tragedy in entitlement
fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

On the other hand...
Are there any tower defence games that allow you to save an actively running game?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, most TD can be beaten within one length of time, not like gemcraft...

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

ya firetail, i tried in one day to beat gemcraft.. and i couldnt. got to like lvl40~ and got screwed.. didnt have skills set right lol

yayformeee
yayformeee
136 posts
Nomad

so
I'm sad
I'm the only one left
Oh well...
I think I had a pretty slow start
And i didn't even fully upgrade my mana farm,
some gems are at grade 7, some at grade 8, but I will keep going
I'm going to try and finish this as fast as I can.
I will try my hardest.
I'm at wave 60.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Note that GoE could have been formatted like an endurance with infinite waves (although there will always be an end because the wave hp increase is eventually (and relatively quickly compared to GoE) prohibitive i.e. monst on lvl id 41 (LANKR) wave 109 is already at 500m).

Yet GoE is programmed a FINITE (228) number of waves and the hp increase per wave is NOT prohibitive. This implies IMO that GIAB meant for it to be completed. Now then when 70% (probably more) of games are lost due to forces OUTSIDE of gameplay, and many of the problems ARE solvable, then there is a loss of faith in the game code/programming, and for me much less excitement/hope for GC2.

Please GIAB don't take this as sour grapes. I don't get mad about the end of a GoE game anymore just sad. After 60+ hrs invested in an effort I was proud of; I took all due caution to preserve it and still lost it.

C,

In the 2 games where I had all the monsters on the board I had a max of 444 monsts that whittled down to 295 (lowest) before I lost on banishment (3 days running). I even killed one of the 7b hp giants. My manapool was only 6m+ and increasing at 700K per frame. My trap/tower damage was way less than 1/2 what I had at wave 180 of the last game. I made a mistake (won't happen again). There was a wolf pack of .998b (wave 227?) monsters that came out on each others heels like some waves do and they kept leapfrogging and passing in shadows to keep doing laps. I made 2 erroneous assumptions 1) that they would eventually get trapped and 2 that my 700K per frame mana increase couldn't be touched. They kept making laps and I didn't reign them in. my fault. So it is beatable. Period. I was at work/asleep on both defeats so I couldn't check what the actual BC was right before the end but with a 6m manapool and 700K per frame I would estimate that 6monst went through the wiz hut in one frame at 1m+ banishment. best guess.

Go Yayforme, Go Yayforme, Go Yayforme :-)

Showing 1201-1215 of 2103