ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491422
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

I say, in an non-offensive way because you guys were so close, is that you should suck it up and try it again :O

There are many reasons why i state this.
Munch, you said you had more strategies to try. well, try them.

Conner, your King gem was never finished. try to finish it faster, so the glitch cant catch up to you fast enough.

And, to all of you. will you ever be happy about being defeated and not knowing whats at the end of the monster-infested rainbow? because if its a pot o' gold, you'll never know

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...I need at least a week to do it, i'm afraid. a single weekend isnt' enough...i might manage it over christmas break, though.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

I'm already on wave 54, 110b pts 1.511 manapool. PHbbbbt :-)

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

hes baaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccck

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

YES munch!
THATS what im talkin about!!!

yayformeee
yayformeee
136 posts
Nomad

and I'm doing pretty bad...
it seems I had a REALLY, REALLY bad start, so I'm at wave 70 with 50 billion, and an 800thousand manapool.
I think that this is due to unbalanced angering.

leonsun
leonsun
5 posts
Peasant

My 2 cent is: try to improve first the mana gain related skills and the orange jewels

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Leonsun,

In these words there is wisdom.

Here's todays post:

Nothing outstanding just chugging along.

Now its tower time. I've spent too much time on angering. I'm behind on damage. I do however have 91/92 coming up. and I have alot of time to get ready. I don't know. I'll sleep on it. I already can't get to 4t this game so I should just focus on damage but I'm addicted to angering. I was angering through level 180 last time.

Although I do have about 180 monsters at 3.5m pts that are about to pop and 280 at 1m on the board maybe I'm better off than I think. I'll just have to see how it unfolds

Almost every trap spec .6 K damage, 8.7 mana/hit, 670fs, +70%, 6monst. Even my armour factories have 6.6 mana/hit/, 50% reduce armr by3, +66% so my mana is coming in pretty quick. I wasted three wave figuring out how to get it right but next time I'll know how to do it quicker.

New this time: I've got some 3 traffic cops based on Connors "deep blue" gem. I keep them in towers though so that they don't just focus on only five for ever (they're slow 55% for 200 seconds with 38.5 splash radius and 30K dmg)since its only 55% almost every one gets the blues in passing. Its really good on crowd control spreading out the packs.

Here's the exciting part. Every monster that comes out on GoE is either Hue 0 or Hue 30. The hues of most of my prisms are very close to this hue because Y=50, L=80, R=0, O=30 all four of the primary colors of my prisms. I've found that after I super gem I can add two lvl 6 Cyans on top of the gem without altering the specs except migrating my hue towards 190. I just figured this one out so I'll let you know how it goes.

wave 82,

871b, *184 multiplier
lag report: A+ no "trap" traps yet

Inventory:

3 X 30K
24 X 55K
1 X 146K
4 X 5K

Traps:
106 at .6K 670fs + 70% 6 on the hook

Pics:

FEE FI FO FUM... I put this one in because it was pretty and land-o-Giants:

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEM_g2_wv60.png

Calm before the storm: Compare this score to 4 waves later
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMwv77.png

Break time
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMwv82.png

Yayforme,

Hang in there... it sounds like this is your best. You'll learn something each time you play. :-)

aapo
aapo
3 posts
Peasant

141 pages and no search?

Anyway, how shrine burst amulets work? I got two green charged bolt amulets on one map, does that mean I'll get 600 exp to *total* score or 600 exp to *level-specific* score? If former, this could lead to infinite experience farm. Also are these amulets pictured in amulets menu just for show, or do you get that 300 exp for total score for the first amulet of each type?

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

aapo,

It goes to your level specific score which in turn goes to your total score. It cannot lead to infinite experience because A) it would have to result in an improvement in your already existing high score for that level but mainly B) each shrine has a limited number of charges, usually 1-3 before it is "depleted"

On amulets: There is only one type of each amulet ranging in value ranging from low on the upper left to high on the lower right. They are hidden under rocks or buildings that you can gem bomb. Not in trees or anything that cannot be gem bombed. Typically you can find them by checking each level the first time you play it by gem bombing all bombable buildings etc. (with lvl 1 gems :-) Be patient, there are a lot of levels and one of the amulets is even on a hidden level. gl

aapo
aapo
3 posts
Peasant

So it goes to level-specific score. Some amulets, like 'journey' ones are just added to total experience, since it would be quite unfair to add them to level-specific score for diminishing returns.

Let me explain why it matters.
If you get 3000 exp run on some level on normal mode (for first time), that exp goes to your totals. On this run, lets say you got shrine burst amulet. Then you play it again and get 4000 exp and same shrine burst amulet as last time. Now your total exp increases by 1000. Amulet menu shows picture of those shrine burst amulets you got and the number 2, even though you haven't actually gotten benefit of them both. This is different from journey amulets. Once you've built 1,200 towers, further towers no longer add any benefit. Menu is quite ambiguous.

aapo
aapo
3 posts
Peasant

So to sum up:
If they're added to level-specific score, there's no incentive to try to get them all.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

way to go munch thats going much faster, even if you score 2-3t its fine, beating all 228 is what counts

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Other than the satisfaction of seeing them on your amulet board there is no bonus XP for all of a color/type etc. You get the XP each time and thats it. You don't get extra XP the first time you use either, only the amulet. It might be misleading because it always says "You have gained a shrine burst amulet" even when you already had it. It just gives you a tic on your counter by the amulet.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Conner,

I agree. You know... I was thinking... hmmmm. The odds of beating 228 would increase if there were more people trying ^^

Common just give it a try. Everybody's doin it. It'll make ya feeel good. What are ya chicken? Nobody has to know. You'll like it I know you will.

I can't believe you didn't comment on my hue reversal... Think about it. Now instead of being closer to the minimum dmg each time you can be closer to the maximum dmg because ALL of the GoE waves are hue 0 or 30. If you can easily get your prismatics to hue 180/190 without altering its specs this could be a huge breakthrough. Reread it.

Let me know when you start.

Showing 1216-1230 of 2103