ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491467
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...on the final level, as far as i can tell, they all come out at those hues.
on other levels, they come out at fairly random hues.

it could be true for endurance; i'd have to double check

...the thing at the middle left looks like a yellow carving of a sword to me.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

see i have the strategy to high score figured out now, next game could take 3 good weeks if it doesnt glitch but if i go for the score this is how its done

the best waves for score are actualy waves 30-50, the best score comes on these wave but the key is to anger them how ud anger wave 70, wave more than your current firepower can handle so if u angered properly to around 2m hp 1m score, it dies in 1 wave with ur multiplier at 1m, or they make 2 slow laps and die at your matured wave 70 firepower, since u angered more tehyre 2m score, about 10m hp, and multiplier reahces over 100, way more score if they die 20 waves later

this strategy would eb slow and laggy, i might try towers, lots of them, reduced lag so i dont need to pause, and not holding down mana pool and lagging it, i hope to reduce lag alot and only pause game when i need to

max firepower x ~(5 x 1.4 x 1.3) x 279 = the hp of the wave ungangered +1 is the least laggy wave, i believe its wave 210ish for my estimate, lage builds till wave 58 then decilines till that wave

cant wait for munchs update, he pulled a fractl and did his next game faster with slightly less score

im still thinking long and hard, last game i practiced using king gem strategy and my blue gems to arfificialy 3x my firepower

mana farming is what most think as a strategy, for me damage is also a strategy and im still thinking of new ways to maximise it

if munch beasts all 228 waves ive got plans for beyond corruption mode, many plans

tpw
tpw
3 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the info, guys. I was all pumped that I got about 550k exp (550M score) ... until I found and read this thread. What you guys are doing is truly impressive. I have one or two other questions, if I may.

To quote fractalman from earlier:

6. As soon as possible, make a third grade 4 r/0, and start supergemming them.

I just want to clarify what I think I understand about supergemming; by this it is meant to start adding lower level gems of the same color to an existing gem, and thereby increasing it's firing speed and range up to maximum, and increasing it damage beyond it's normal maximum? Also, what level of gems do you use for supergemming? Level 1 gems, or just one level below the gem you are working on?

Thanks guys
hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

tpw, depending on the level of the gem you're supergemming is how you determine what level to supergem with.

like with a lvl4 r/o, supergem with lvl 1's
and with a lvl 10+, go for 6(i think)

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Never, ever supergem with a gem of one grade lower. You'll weaken a strong gem that way.
with the grade 4's, supergem using grade 1 orange gems.
once you max them, gradually increase the grade of gems you use to supergem.
eventually, after the mana farm is maxed, and the mana pool enormous, you can supergem with as high as grade 8. (any higher and you start getting less damage increase per click.)
Ok, i'm attempting the final level now...I just have to limit my play time per day.
on this attempt, I managed to get my first bill in at around wave 20...I could've unsealed the gem at wave 10.
peak monsters so far: 1800.
current monsters:945.
Interestingly enough, 1700 monsters was perfect before I hibernated; then it was too much lag, so I now have to bring the monster count down.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

cant wait to see munch, the pace hes going hes probably 120-130 now, now that hes mastered hues i bet he at least scores 3b again

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

same here conner

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

wave 32 about to be called, 16.7 billion score, I have 4 gems with at least 50,000 max damge...possibly a fifth hiding somewhere...
firepower goal: 30-50 gems with 100,000 max damage. That's enough to take on the last waves from towers, even.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

whoa whoa whoa fractals trying again!!!!!!!!!!

wave 32 wiht 16.7b score? thats insane, ur tied with firepower and killing me in score at same wave

truely amazing game going it seems

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

GO Fractal!!! You are ROCKING. G/L
WTF. I didn't event get my first bill until 29. I am humbled :-|
Gimme some pics. gimme gimme gimme :-)

Another day another trill.
My game is at that hurry up and wait stage (Led Zeplin). I wasted about 5 waves experimenting but if doesn't pay off this game it will in the future... big time. So as you can tell by my pics I'm manipulating the monsters to 0/30 hugh. (Note: after I re-hued my dmg gems the monst waves started coming hue 60ish almost immediately and were increasing) I'll add damage by mostly upgrading my existing "hued" dmg gems to maintain my ratio of 0 gems to 180 gems but I will eventually have to create some low-hue large gems and re-hue them at the last minute. I also finally figured out how to fix the specs on a wounded prismatic without "reverse" gemming it. YAY That was definitely worth the time. I also figured out a more effective way (about double the "game time" speed) to add dmg. So in a set number of frames instead of introducing X dmg I'll be adding 2X. BIG diff.

Synopsis: I sent wave126 at 173 monsts at 70m as test and threw in some of my towers into traps with good results. They didn't even get past the first 1/3 of the board. There was also a wave of 10m hps that perished in the same manner at the same time that the 70s were getting eroded. About 14 traps so maybe saturation of the full board may be much higher than my first estimate of 180-210. I think maybe my traps are a lot better than those other 2 rounds. Those were my noobie traps...straight unaltered lvl13/14 prisms :-/

It doesn't look like it; but I've been a busy beaver. Along with the 5 waves of experiments I re-hued all my non-dmg traps between 0 and 20 plus made a load of R/Y towers (at hue 0) so I can still make new 180-hue towers/traps without altering my waves. Added about 500K dmg, I'll have a total for yall on my next post. Added two more traffic cops in the middle of my death trap. Located and fixed my wounded prisms while maintaining their dmg. All while doing some decent angering. Almost 1t pts in non-optimum scoring range.

DOWNsides:
1) My manapool is suffering bad because everybody's stuck in such a short stretch. I'm moving O up 1 spot in the batting order to compensate.

2) In my zeal I angered wave 134 to 208 monsts 170m (don't get the calc its 34.5b hp). Oh yeah...bring it. My hope is that they get stuck in the trap and following waves start doing laps so I can catch up on my manapool.

Skinny:
wave 134:
2.71t, *379 mult.
assuming a *400mult wave 134 ~ 138b pts.

Pics - enjoy

wave 113 - lame attempt at catching 2t - I was distracted
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMwave113.png

wave 132 - Keystone cops
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMwave132.png

wave 133 - Almost all gone
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMwave133.png

The house is finally asleep so maybe I can get some uninterrupted work done. Getting distracted in the middle of building a lvl 15 w/lag is frustrating.

LETS GO FRACTAL

PS: if I move 10 feet back from the screen I kind of see a sword handle... ?

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i had just said yea i bet munch comes back at 130, yes this game seems almost as high scoring and much much faster pace

i bet you could take on 228 at it is but just keep going, you may just anger it

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

ok, here's some pictures...

should've taken one at wave 10, as I could have detonated the seal then.

The trick, of course, is to maintain the correct levels of lag; not so fast it doesn't think it needs to process just the interrupts, and not so slow it takes forever to recognize the fact.
every wave I have the proper levels of lag, i can make a 50,000 damage gem, to a 100,000 damage gem.

kyocat64
kyocat64
657 posts
Nomad

The first one was better...=/

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

kyocat64, you'll need a better argument than a simple opinion to have any chance of convincing us; we think gemcraft chapter 0 is so good, we're trying to beat all 228 waves of the final battle.

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

im lost here, what does the hue have to do with anything.
iso a good answer

Showing 1246-1260 of 2103