ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491426
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
AsSto
AsSto
64 posts
Nomad

I have a pentium4 3.2Ghz. Ma machine is quite old, but I've made it myself being carefully with compatibility and many details. One block machine bought in a general store is often dumped with one or more unsold component.

I've no problem with GC. I run a virtual machine with only 512 Mo RaM. My game goes well. I've restarted several time to beat my previous start. And i use your tip for supergemming. I'm still under XP.

Be sure to have upgraded the flash player and your browser if it's not automatic. FF works well for me. The only crash I get was because of Lime in trap. About 8 gems with more than 50% lime and 1018 FS is enough to create more shoots than deleted i think. This time I've minimized lime at the maximum and play with traps. The lag is not so important. I don't think GC can create memory leak except if it exceed the memory limit (I mean it should not become unstable after a moment with the same configuration).

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

well, I've recently been able to calculate, with a much higher degree of certainty than ever before, the minimum firepower: 1million max damage in the prismatics. in order to make it work, have the prismatics towards the front, followed by a chain of r/c traps; switch to red/blue when the shockers become saturated all the way to the wizard tower, Then switch back to r/c once the monster count is low enough.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Thanks for all the responses. I have 2Ghz intel Core 2 Duo
Mem= 1G 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

OS - MAC OS 10.4.11

I should be more specific. I can put 105 mana traps down with little perceivable lag unless 1K+ #of monsters.

The perceivable difference is when I lay down my FIRST 1018fs +66% high speed prismatic. This one trap slows down my game more than 105 mana traps and all my mana traps have lime component (specs 8.6 managain/6monsters/70% chance extra hit).

In my mana traps I intentionally use lime even though yellow is equivalent boost to mana gain (about 45% net increase) because w/yellow the lag is MUCH more noticable.

So maybe the difference lies somewhere outside the realm of the hardware?

AsSto,

Good to hear from you :-) My flash player is Adobe 10.x.x.x.x. And I remember updating it about 3 months ago and it has been reliable. At least I cannot trace any glitches back to Flash so far as I know. I have to take time to research setting up virtual memory on a MAC if its possible. It sounds like you've had good luck w/you vmem setup. Are you happy with it and has it ever saved a lost game for you (yet..hehe)? I think I remember you saying that you didn't notice any extra lag from running it; is this right?

Sorry to hear about XP :-( Do you have any big games planned... you got the skill to finish :-)

I'm mid session so I'll post again later.

thnx again

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i got a new plan for my normal only challenge, its quite hard tho so good job fractal for beating it

i believe this takes more strategy than beating 228, 228 just takes endurance, time, and practice

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Has anyone played all the modes on all the levels? I find it very slow going and boring to do this. I am at about level 53 now. I keep falling asleep. My wizard level is now >1,000 and I have 87,000,000xp in total. There are last time I looked more than 4,000 skill points I cannot use.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

ive thought about it but never attempted all modes past the first tier before the first arcane

it would look realy swee with them all completed, well gl 53 means your close

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i said once i get 10 gems at 100k trap, ill have enough firepower to beat wave 228 however ill reach this firepower at wave 74 i bet so i was going to just agner call and mana pool till i win but i just remembered by reading back thru the thread, an old record i tied once that i want to smash

after i have my needed firepower im going for the grade record!

highest posted pic was a 20 so far, ive made a 20 + 19 + 17 before, and on my previous game had nearly a grade 20 dropped on wave 42 alone and thruought the game i created enough gems too make a 24 i believe

i guess the goal would be a grade 23-25, a grade 25 had around 800k max dmg so i might go for that then supergem to 1m, now a grade 25 would be a truely amazing gem, 500k grade 6s

after all ill have 150 waves of boredom ill have to fill somehow, and im dropping the equivilent of a grade 17 on every wave, if i doubled my anger gems then used that leftoever grade 17, after 128 waves id have a grade 24 just off that so it sounds manageable

grade record here i come, but only after i get my 10 knights, this will be my non supergemmed grade king

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Heh, I've only got the first few levels filled up, and only about 60-80% of the normals...and only the first two hidden levels revealed.

...Partly because I so easily spend a whole day of playing time on a single normal mode.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

grade 25? that's 8192 grade 11's...about 50 of them per wave, starting at wave 70...
good luck, though I'd recommend not trying to do that AND try to beat all the levels in the same try.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

oh i need something to fill my boredom after i reach the needed firepower at wave 70 lol

also 50 per wave is just 1 grade 11 per 20 frames, quite easy

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Conner conner CONNER!,

Do you fully understand what you are committing yourself to? Tedium, intentionally. It is mathematically possible but don't miss any levels or you'll be playing catchup. You know, you could build as long as you want once you get down to lets say 35 monsters left put in some freeze traps w/low dmg if your close and need more time. Call em fluff traps. If you do get to 25 or even 24 you will be the first and last to do so. I would almost rather see a fully spec'd Prismatic at 10m dmg. Lvl is just an impressive number that would be good to anger with. Maybe keep the four 23s and and see what happens to 221 (7b giants) when you anger them. Anyone could assume that if you have 4 X 23s you could figure out how to make a 25. There's got to be something fun at the end other than a nice picture for that much work :-)
Study Zen. Massochist. G/L

Karsten,

You have re-ignited one of my original goals. Get all the levels and amulets. I have fully completed "sections" 1/2 about 70% of 3 and about 50% of 4 and 5. I have all the amulets less the 60 swarm, 1200 shrine burst, 60 BC, and two others I can't check because I'm mid-game. I have 1b XP (could be triple that if I ever actually burst the GoE.) I have 11K extra skill pts. This is why there should be extended skills. If I don't finish GoE this time I need a break from it for a while. Maybe we could sync up and do the levels at the same time and take some of the tedium out of it. Fun ?

Well I've gone and done it again. Over angered in my greed to get 4t. See specs in pic below (wav90). This is the most pts/monster I've ever angered to; 5.8m. Unfortunately it comes with a price tag (see pic wave 90).
Lots of pics today. I tried to catch at regular intervals this time so you could see how I got to 2t by wave 91. HahaHohoheehee. I shouldn't get this happy over a silly game but I'm committed now. No seriously I'm committed...padded room men in white coats, portholes for windows the whole nine yards;-) For the next 10 waves I can only anger to cannon fodder (3-5m) and build build build dmg. Only to wave 92 and lots of hours. If this was a job I would be making over-time.

I haven't been listing my arsenal because I'm barely scraping by because committed to angering but see below.

SKINNY:
Wave 92
2t pts, *208 multiplier
Total arsenal 3.285m

24 X 100K
4 X200 K

Incidental traps(mana etc.) and towers about 85K total

Pics - enjoy :-p

Wave 75- In the beginning. Good kill chain but only 3m mana pool
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav75.png

Wave 78 - 1000 bad buys still in the green after half a lap, uhoh
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav78.png

Wave 82 - crowd starting to thin out, 3.5m mana pool, starting to build angering gems for waves 90/91 at bottom
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav82.png

Wave 89 - everyone on the board worth 1m pts. Waves 90/91 angered. 90 to 30m hp worth 1.7m pts/monster; wave 91 to 138m hp and 5.8m pts/monster.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav89.png

Wave 90 - Specs for wave 91, hard to read but see above. Read the anger modifiers at the bottom for kicks. 4m manapool
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav90.png

Wave 91 - Here it is. 2t at wave 91and lots of trouble on the board :-/
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav91.png

Anyone: how to add favorite games to profile?

gnite. Sorry so disjointed. bleary eyed.

dragon613
dragon613
1 posts
Nomad

the gemcraft series is my alltime favorite game exept for y3k defender

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Munch, check your profile, I left you a message. Perhaps you don't know about that.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

ITED/COGAT testing going on=no homework=freetime=i'm attempting the final level again. This time i'll try for at least 500 trillion score.
I decided to come up with my own ranking system, based primarily on Japaneese chess. Rather fitting, too, since in Japaneese chess, a captured piece becomes your own piece to place.

Peasants(not a chess piece): the mana farm, the slowing traps, the shocking traps.
Pawns: grade 11-14 prismatic gems, often in towers.
Promoted pawn: 10k damage.
Silver: 25k damage.
Promoted silver: 50k damage.
Gold: 100k damage.
Knight: 150k damage
Promoted knight: 200k damage.
Lance: a silver to promoted knight in a tower.
Bishop: 250k damage
Promoted bishop: 375k damage
Rook: 500k damage
cannon(from chineese chess): a rook (or bishop) in a tower/
Promoted rook: 750k damage
King: 1mill damage.
That ought to make supergemming a little less tedious.

At any rate, wave 26 with a score of 2.5 billion.

one final note of Importance: I think I have now figured out how to controll the interrupt cat (process-interrupt-mode), by never using it for more than an inventory of gems in one go.
additional data pending.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

once again amazing start by fractal, id put a king at 10m tho idk if it may ever be reached. id say the infant king i made to 1.3m at wave 45 was around a duke at that point

anyways munch way to anger 91 to like 600b score, once it dies aruond wave 110 alone with 90 + waves 92-109 you should have over 3t score at wave 110

i just thought of a harder goal than all normal i may attempt

Showing 1306-1320 of 2103