ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491418
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i did math and at the pace your dmging this wave it will die at wave 125 (ironic that wave 126 is giant wave) and the average multiplier at wave 125 for the average of when each monster dies is around 345, meaning youll get around 1.030 trillion score for that 1 wave, you may call it an overanger to get 35 waves to kill however its a smart move

however your dmg per wave is increasing at a linear rate during the 25 waves so possibly about 22 waves, eaither way youll break 900b, close to 1t for that 1 giant wave, ill attemtp 1t at this wave

id just like to knwo the gems used

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i wish you could edit post or id avoid this 3-4 posts at a time but my guess is you used 7 grade 17s and 3 grade 16s, is this right?

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Connor,

you my friend have an A1 plan. You have been suffering through dreadful lags for little return because 1 - your multiplier is still low and 2 - their ups start low because their Initial POINT values are so low (3-5K) it takes 3 times as much work just not get blown away by your mana trap. If you want to keep mana traps filled and your lag down anger w/ smaller gems => fewer monsters higher armor and you can spend more time building Dmg back by your wiz hut. This is why I always need three dedicated dearmoring factories (i use P/O/R - 50% for 3, 7.6 mana, +6, 670fs) 400armor will go away and they monsters just wither away on the mana farm.

Angering on 90: 1 lvl 17 followed by lvl 16 until igot to 1.4m pts (6 or 7) and 18m hp. Should have stopped here. Hit it with a 17 that bumped me to 1.7m pts and 30m. HP. # of mos 303

Anger on 91: 6 X lvl 17, then 4 X lvl 16, then 1 X 17. Might only be 3 on 16s not sure. # of mos 367

see pic labeled wave 90 a couple of posts back - it has the spec box for the angered wave 91 popped up on it including the angering specs at the bottom

You have a good plan. What took you so long? Haha. Do you remember the next giants wv# after 100? I know 153, but what's the next one? I do have some good pics for my next post. Everybodys blue and no traffic cops. The giants just finished theeir first lap in ten waves. When (if you can) click on them it shows their speed as .3

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Doh! I just missed your post. You had my question answered before I asked it and you were pd close on your angering guess :-) Also keep your eyes peeled as you go. There are better scoring opportunities than the giants for example I should have super angered 102 (didn't know it was coming). I got 1m pts/ monst w/ lvl 14s angering for less than 8m hp. If I'd used 17s I would have gotten better pts/hp than I did on 91.

I learn something every time I play. Practice practice practice. Last month I thought it was impossible to break 1t. 6 months ago I was stuck at 40b max on the best levels and was ready to be done. Now maybe 1t in one wave?

Just remember how hard those first waves are even now w/ out skills. So for those just starting or think your stuck it only gets easier.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

yes i love superangering giants, i anger swarms to around 100k hp so they die on the mana trap, after they reach 100k hp per monster unagered i just wont anger them at all

any wave with 10 or less monsters i take full advantage of, i plan on having a slightly superior firepower (maybe +10%?) and ill look out for good oportunity waves

i see 5t in your future

i know 10t is possible with a strategy i have but it involves every monster making aruond 6 laps with constantly 2k monsters on teh board, if i had a supercomputer with 6 terabites of memory id say bring it on but thats not happening

id love to see a pic, but yea teh plan is to go by your pics and keep perfect pace with you, just barely even and have as little lag as possible as sacrifice, i may start tomorrow actualy

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

if there was even a possibility for 6tb of memory on 1 comp, that would be overkill. friend in Ohio is trying the last level, using your guy's techniques, and so far with a 4gb memory on his pc he has little to no lag. will ask for him to send a pic via email to show his progress.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

try getting him to make an armorgames account, theres also a huge diff between 4 gigs new and 4 gigs on an old comp, but a disk cleanup + defracment + clearing memory taking tasks that are not being used at taht tiem can make it new again for a fwe days before it begins to take on new lag

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

heh, yeah...I've also decided not to worry about score on the very first waves (1-29), and just anger them with grades 1-6, maybe 8 or 9 on the giants... maybe even hold off on the high grade angering till the first giants after wave 30.

I nearly crashed IE explorer with 1200 monsters (sorry, no picture of it)...fortuitously for me, I'd already created a silver, and it chewed up the monsters.
It also means I've gotten a bit laggier, and the interrupt cat is now rather large...but I've got it on a diet (never going past 1 or two inventories, generally trying to stay below 20 gems), and it seems to be shrinking.

I'm not totally sure why it was a problem this time. Perhaps it's because I started making farmers sooner than ever before, so it was the same as (orworse than) 1800 monsters walking on grade 7-8 r/o gardeners.

as for the new gem descriptions:
gardeners: unmaxed mana gain gems. relatively dainty.
farmers: maxed rate. Some of them are armed with armor-piercing pitchforks, others just farm a larger area (r/o/y), while others rotate their crops (r/o/l) .
(none are armed with poisoned daggers, I have a poison master, where I dump all the unwanted poison gems)

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

C,

Looks like you me Lankhr and eventually fractal. This thread should be smokin. Wish there was a way to play tag team.

At my pace some one will catch up. Could be the tortoise and the hare.

10t. Hmmmm. great... thanks for for sowing that seed ~.~

Technically we haven't even broken 4t yet ;-/

we need a secretary to track stats. Highest dmg gem, highest dmg total, highest score at check points (waves 50/100/150...) highest mamapool at checkpoints, highest mamapool, lowest monster count after 228, best anger
measured in pts/hp. These quantifiable categories would be posted and tracked. Ah there's more - highest in each of the disciplines in each section. For example section 1 swarm, section 2 carapace, sectio 3 arcane... Remember time mode? :-().

Then for the artistic/subjective categories: best overallgem, most unique gem (for now I think the super poison because it still makes me grin), best new strategy, best artistic picture, saddest/most tragic loss etc.

Meanwhile, back on the farm...

I think that part of the strategy of this game at processing level that we posters are at is knowing the strong/weak points of their particular machine and it's individual idiosynchrisies (sp). I wouldn't take my mustang off road against a 4X4 I'd stick to the streets. Mine weakness is I have to avoid yellows in traps, somebody elses was lime. Everyone has their own little pockets of disfunctionality somewhere, it's part of the game to work around them. Not necessarily a glorious part but it has to be done. Sigh.

Didn't mean to yabber for so long ... Off to work.

Next we could have artistic/subjective categories

tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

I've made it to level 87 and unlocked the path to the final level, but now I'm stuck. I can't seem to adjust my strategy any further. For those of you who have beaten the game, what tips and tricks do you recommend?

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

well it shuold be beatable at lvl 65ish but i did it without angering or mana farming at lvl 65 lol.

just get 3-4 good orange traps at the start then build your 7 grade 7s hopefully right afterw ave 58 dies and u just got 12 giants worth of mana

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Or you can do what I do, make 1 or two grade 4 R/O gems, and supergem them with grade 1 orange gems. (make sure the splash is at least 15, or it won't multi target). don't forget to anger a bit, or the trap will eat the monsters up too quickly.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

bad luck, id rather reaplay all the lvls than loose a 4t game, i think it takes less time actualy

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Lankhr,

Somewhere in this thread Vesper has directions on how to rename your old memory file, initiate a new memory file by starting a new game and then copy your old mem file over the new one. Poof all your old games are there. I don't remember the name/location of the file so you'll have to find the post or contact him via his profile. (I don't think he reads this thread much any more).

If you can't find or this doesn't work let me know, I've been copying my save file texts at different levels to text files on my hard drive. I can e-mail you an approximate level up 11000 extra Skill points (don't know wiz level but it's enough :-)

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

lankhr...
Try deleting the cache. If it still doesn't load properly, start trying other sites-they might work, they might not.
As a last resort, try kongregate.

Showing 1336-1350 of 2103