ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491458
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

just used 16 grade 12s on wave 24, its gonna be worth about 24 points and die at wave 28, my new strategy is to take the 2 best waves out of every 10 and superanger, then medium anger the rest, this is only till wave 74 of course then ill start to do the best balance of points to hp for max score since at this point the lag starts to decrease for me, but still wave 24 at 500k a piece x 1.4 x multiplier which is only 15 atm but will pop at 20-25, 441 monsters i could put it at 500

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

woot i got a silver carrot thingy, tho i think its a had i think its a carrot, and i know its iron not silver but an iron carrot doesnt sound tastey

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Careful C, your lopsided and and gonna walk in circles.

I didn't know the amartars morphed. Maybe mine will actually turn into something... anything :-/

Of course we would get one last monsoon here this season... so pins and needles until it passes.

Off to work. I think I'll start off w/some Pat Benatar followed by NIN. fits the weather

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

computer crashed on wave 23

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i just cant play gemcraft, if my computer keeps crashing in the early 20s ive got a laggy ass computere and wil never be able to get past wave 50

ive said it before and ill say it again, gemcraft doesnt take skill to be good it takes a supercomputer

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

so ya.. was bored and i wanted to see not how much dmg i could get, or the score, but how far in as little time.
2 hours, 4billion score(my personal best so far :P),and a lot of 12-17 gems. and im on wave 150 so far!!! and ive never had a monster make a full lap XD

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

oh, and only 230k max mana!!! weee

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

congradulations so far, hippyman-you still have room for improvent, but you've got the right idea! now you just have to supergem some of them, rather than increasing the grade. (Much faster damage increase after about grade 13-15)

and munch, I just remembered where I'd seen the thing at the bottom left in your avatar-flash circle TD...it's a little bit different in shape, but very close.
add that to a hidden amulet, a mana pool spell icon...it's fairly safe to say that your avatar is the TD avatar.

Beik
Beik
5 posts
Farmer

this game is very hard but the best in armorgames

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

C,

I don't know what to say. Wait sure I do &^gd%%sb$^%fds$#@^%. I know how much you were looking forward to a good game and I was looking forward to having you along. This sux. d. With me testing the waters and you following we could have had 10t and finished. Is there a new computer in your future? Try checking your processes (I'm assuming XP here since all the hangs) Try ending all processes that you don't recognize and try again. It's still early in the weekend. PLS. Also try upping your browser security to the max. IDK what else to try >:-(
I mean I don't have a super computer and I'm chugging through. There's got to be a solution somewhere.

I had a good session but I have a pang of guilt even posting it now.

Hippyman,

Allright! Sounds good, and fun too. Fractal is right about the super gemming. I know I was put off by supergemming at first because I was doing it all wrong. I was taking each gem and adding it to the the super gem one at a time instead of using the super gem to "vacuum" up the gems from the work tray. This will help get dmg up very much quicker.

Fractal,

hmmmm... I'm not sure how to put this. OK here it is. What drugs are you on and are you willing to share? I don't see it. You called it avatar flash. Does this mean it will morph like connors over time or posts?

Here's my session: 10hrs no rest so your gonna have to follow the pretty pictures. To tired to narrate much.

Highlights:

A lot more pts than I had estimated because of those 30m-50m hp waves that I had previously labeled as a nuisance.

Newest nuisance - wave 126 angered to 346m X 274 monsters (7X lvl 18 gems) and only 4.6m pts. It was the last gem that killed me bumped from 177m (manageable) to 346m hp but also from 3.9m pts to 4.6mpts. No panic though, they have to die some time. They are still on their first lap at wave 131. I figure the good news it might be around 575 multiplier by the time they go away (750b pts).
Looks like pts are gonna be at a premium from here on out.

Wave 123 was a huge let down, its no 102. I should have done the math. 305 monsters at 85m hp and 1.9m pts. "Not with a bang but a wimper"

Most of the action is at waves 122-124

The SKINNY
10 hrs, my ass hurts ~.~

Wave 131
4.49t pts, *409 multiplier
lag: stil in the upper good range but after I get to 10m dmg (around wv 153) I'll have to drop my towers down

Music: Pat Benatar, Nine Inch Nails, Bethoven (Piano Concertos), Charlie Daniels, Frankenstein audio book.

Lots of work -> Lots of Pics - enjoy

Wave 113 - Specs for 114, remember these guys at "wave 122"
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav114specs.png

Wave 118 - Just a darn pretty pic. Also 1100 monsters w/low of 30m hp.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav118.png

Wave 122 - This is where the score really starts to jump
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav122.png

Wave 122 - Anger specs for wave 123 (PHBBBBT) I'll know next time
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav123specs.png

Wave 124 - 4t new record, and earlier than I thought. Made up those two waves I was behind.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav124.png

Wave 125 - Anger Specs for wave 126. Note score jump from 122... 500b
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav125.png

Wave 131 - Break time. I wasn't expecting wave 134 Giants. Just starting anger gems at bottom
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav131.png

So sorry again for your loss C

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

quick question.
i forgot how you guys supergem the fastest T.T
what are your strategies, what lvl gem do you use,
and ofc,
do all of you use the speedhack(i dont, so if i went thru with my game it would be veeerrrryyy long)

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

well if 126 is worth 750b and 134 gets you lets say 500b, on top of the mosnters on the board and what you have, thats 6b ponts at like wave 140 or when they die, i seriously see you breaking 7t, i told you at the start you could

i do have another computer to use, its got more memory and stablility but im lvl 18 on that comp lol, my plan is to get back to lvl 203 next weekend and in 2 weeks when football ends and i have 7 horus a day + 12 on weekends to play then ill try again with tons of free time

another mistake, gemcraft was running fine but it was another window i was using that killed me, my mistake not computers i guess, but the comp did glitch the internet thanks to my other window

i know 10t is possible and youll reach 7t

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i also think youll break 10m firepower, your at like 7m now i think

oh and this time around im going to do 10 powerful towers and 1 king trap, the towers and the trap will have equal firepower, with 2m trap power i could kill that wave 126 on its 2nd lap, and if i kept shifting it around i could maybe kill it in 1

dont stop tho, a few more 100b+ waves and your set for 7t+

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

conner, send yourself an email.. with the pass?
or is there a problem?

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

wait i can do that? do explain

Showing 1381-1395 of 2103