ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491177
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Connor,

You have another computer and haven't tried it yet? Do other people share it is that why?

Well,

My game is gone, again. The A/C repair guy had to cut power to the house to fix our air. I'm sad for the loss but grateful to have the cooling back. I live in the desert and it's still hitting 105F everyday. That one was over 80 hrs invested. I have to figure out a way to get it done quicker. The longer the game takes the more likely something will go wrong.

Just like every other game I learned stuff that should help my new attempt (I'm not quiting this gd(&^**&(^&*@#!af)(*&amp*) thing until I f)&^^&#@$#%$@ finish.)

Sorry, just frustrated at the lost time and only getting to 154. Odds seem to be that it will happen again and I will try again. Now I am fueled by anger and tunnel vision. I am Captain Ahab.

The A/C guy actually waited for me to go in and take a last picture and say goodbye :-) Here it is:

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg_2END.png

Fractal said some things that might get me out of the blocks quicker this time too. If I can gain just 2 more wave I hope to have my cake and eat it too. Score and finish.
I will mourn this afternoon and begin again tonight anew.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...I'm curious, munch, was there any reason you couldn't simply hibernate the computer during the outage?

At any rate, a rather funny thing happened today: instead of showing me the individual result of the clicks I performed, the flash player did them all at once, showing only the finished product. it's only done this once, though.

at any rate, here's an update:

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Fractal,

Anytime power is cut whether the computer is in hibernate or not it shuts it off. I wish that would work. I need to buy a UPS that will give me 4-6 hours of power even when the electricity to the house is down. This is the third time in 7 games that I haven't got to the end because of power loss. G/L w/your game. I'm rejoining you now.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the double post. On your anomaly where all of your clicks get processed at once, this has happened to me about a dozen times (in many many hours of playing time). It's really fun when your two or three trays ahead and it just shreds through them in a milisecond. If we could figure out what causes this and replicate it at will we would have a distinct advantage, but I haven't observed any commonality between the times it has happened to me. Other than lots of monsts.

Does Anyone understand how splash in a tower works? Does do partial damage to ALL monsters w/in the splash radius; full damage to up to 6 monsters in the splash radius; damage relative to their distance from the primary target w/in the splash radius?

Thnx

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Are you sure you're using hibernate rather than than sleep mode?

Hibernation: The memory is written to the harddrive. no power consumed, except for the tiny power used by clock and related tasks; it has its own power source.
Sleep mode: the memory remains in the RAM, but no processing is being done.

As for how splash works in chapter 0... I wish I knew the exact form of the damage curve done.
All I know for sure is it's weaker than in gemcraft 1, where a single strong red gem could handle 30-40 waves at once.

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

thread is dying =/

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

dunno about the thread, but my latest attempt just got killed by the red x monster .

as I need to catch up on some school projects, it will be a while before I can attempt it again.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Sorry Fractal... You had, by far, hands down the best start I've seen. Maybe over break?

I checked on hibernate. I have a MAC and it doesn't seem to have this function for a desk top, although with some digging I found (hopefully) to force a "Safe Sleep" mode that the OS has for laptops when they run out of juice. I'm hoping I can manually run it on a desk top. It has to be run from terminal and some settings tweaked but I'm going to try it out after this game (already too far in to risk experiments). Isn't a power loss close to a battery running dead? Thnx for the heads up that there is such a creature.

I'll try to keep you and anyone else entertained until you can try again.

Here's a quick post although I'm just starting a new session and should have another post in 10/12 hours.

I tried fractals start focusing on two good mana traps and relocating them in front of the denser crowds and got off to a much faster start than normal but still nowhere near Fractals. Just an inch out of the gates can make such a big difference overall.

Skinny,

wave 61
442b pts, *92 multiplier

arsenal:

11 towers @ 100K
2 towers @25K

106 traps @ .5K

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wv61.png

GBdemon
GBdemon
20 posts
Nomad

I keep overloading myself by clicking on the summon dealers

Samuele
Samuele
33 posts
Peasant

I Love this game, is very funny but so so hard.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i realy need a less laggy comp to try again cuz it keeps freezing

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

lol, we went multiple months with only an occasional post from the casual player, now we have three casual posts in a row

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

new plan. try on my other computer, its actualy not as fast as the other one it can just take massive ammmounts of lag

in fact from playing other games even my laptop is faster than this comp but this comp has amazing heavy lag resistance, ive had 120 windows open on accident and not much happened, i think this my work

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

also im lvl 0 on this comp so i gotta work back

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

conner...try memailing yourself the save text. that's what I do

Showing 1276-1290 of 2103