ForumsWEPR[necro]Physics, anyone?

49 17640
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Hello, this thread is for people interested in physics. I'm just curious as to how many physics lovers are here on Armor Games.

• 49 Replies
Wigginometry
Wigginometry
689 posts
Nomad

My Physics professor told my class about this interesting theory once, but he never expanded upon it. He said that there was some speculation that a positron (an anti-electron) is actually an electron that is traveling backwards through time. This leads to the idea that all anti-matter is that same as matter except traveling the other way through time.

I wish I got to hear more about that.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I wish I got to hear more about that.

I suggest talking to your professor after class or some other time outside of class.
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Yes, that is a current theory. It ties in with the ground-state energies of deep space. Some physicists say that space isn't actually empty-it is filled with billions and billions and billions (and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions) of pairs of particles being born out of energy and then annihilating each other almost instantly. If these particles happen to be near a black hole, one of the particles could be sucked into the black hole, leaving the other to go free.

Showing 46-48 of 49