ForumsGamesGemcraft chapter 0 question

15 4893
Damian555
Damian555
7 posts
Nomad

I'm used to always using pure gems, cause they were the best. I'm not so sure in this game, so can anyone clarify which are best?

• 15 Replies
trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

I think it really depends on what defenses you use and how you distribute your skills. If you increase your duel gem mastery skills or pure gem mastery skills, then obviously one will become more useful than the other. Like you, I tend to prefer pure gems. They have more power! Though I do use both; I prefer putting either pure or duel gems in towers (since having duel powers can be very strong) and just pure gems in traps (so that the special power of a single gem will be used).

trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

*There actually is a thread comparing pure to duel and multicolored gems. Some people say duel is the way to go...that might give some more insight to your question.

Damian555
Damian555
7 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the help. Do you know the name of the thread?

trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

Its called "Multicolored gems, duel gems or pure gems" As of right now it's on the 2nd page of the flash games section. You shouldn't have to search too far back in the forum if you look at it soon.

johnnyboy495
johnnyboy495
28 posts
Nomad

dual gems are the best..

trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

Care to share your rational johnnyboy?

Fury101
Fury101
31 posts
Nomad

I haven't played it that mcuh...But I think dual gems have more bonuses, but not as strong as pure. Pure has a bonus, and the bonus is stronger then dual, but Dual has more bonuses... I would stick with dual.

M3T4LH33D
M3T4LH33D
6 posts
Nomad

Dual Gems are the best!
Just look at the skill "Dual Gem Mastery" and compare it with "Pure Gem Mastery"
Dual: 60% bonus
Pure: 40% bonus
Furthermore there are monsters which are immune to certain types of gems, so the probability of having the "right" colour in a tower doubles ^^
Furthermore it is just easier to get different gems than getting similar ones ^^
Hope that helped you ^^

Damian555
Damian555
7 posts
Nomad

That thing you said about immunities, I don't understand. If a monster is immune to a certain gem, and you attack it with a dual gem, who has half that immunity, will they do their full damage, half, or none?

johnnyboy495
johnnyboy495
28 posts
Nomad

yes dual gem mastery gives +60% power. pure gem mast. 40% and multi color mast. 30% so.. dual gems are the best..

and u can find it in the strategy guide: 'Gems
Dual gems are superior to pure gems, they get larger bonuses to their damage, range, and firing speed. This can further be improved with the Dual gem mastery skill'

.. It's an awesome game, i am lvl 106 now haha

nNSs
nNSs
28 posts
Nomad

About inmunities, I think it is just for special, not for damage. So if the enemy is inmune to slow, you will damage it will blue gems, but it will not be slowed.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

I thing it difrent by what strategy you use, but for traps it is pure games. it also depend on what kind of place you play on.

Damian555
Damian555
7 posts
Nomad

Yes, duals have better stats, but pures have better specials, it's hard to say which is better in towers, cause those specials might make a huge difference.

Damian555
Damian555
7 posts
Nomad

Btw, has anyone considered prismatic gems? They get 8 specials and some bonuses, they seem good.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Prismatic gems are not outright bad (they're better than 4+ hues, that's for sure), but considering how difficult it is to make prismatic gems in most levels, they just aren't worth the trouble. Their power and number of specials usually don't make up for the mana needed to combine all those gems.

Showing 1-15 of 15