Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Ethics: Your choice

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 12:30am

BigP08

BigP08

1,431 posts

so what would happen if you knew he wouldn't die? one of you would for sure die, but the decision is up to you.

Thing is, being in a situation is different than debating about it on a forum. I know the right thing to do is to save my friend, and if I had to choose now I know I'd choose that. But under the pressure, my fear might give myself in, and I'm not perfect.

or every minute and debate about your answer.

Um, okay? I usually just do that on actual debates so people can get a quick response. Nothing to debate here, really. It's what a person would do. If it makes you feel better, this is my last post today.

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 12:37am

Somers

Somers

1,486 posts

wouldnt they just kill you and your friend? Your better choice would just be to stay in the closet. What sort of sacrifice would that be?

Also what kind of soldiers are they lol?

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 12:39am

paintballer222

paintballer222

532 posts

Also even if he was a stranger that I didn't know I would want him to live and be able to become a christian before death so he can go to heaven.

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 2:10am

Deth666

Deth666

670 posts

oddly enough my friends and i talked about something similar to this we all agreed we're on our own so i'd let my friend get eaten

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 2:19am

Somecallmetim

Somecallmetim

64 posts

I really have no idea. I'd guess that Fear would overtake me and I'd probably end up letting my friend get eaten. Although Ideally I would like to save my friend.

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 2:22am

DDX

DDX

3,470 posts

Hmm very interesting, I myself being human want to live for my self. Because like most of them I am selfish. Which in itself is a bad trait, but I guess it keeps you alive huh.

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 2:25am

Somecallmetim

Somecallmetim

64 posts

Indeed it does keep you alive. Although a choice no one has considered is when they find your friend is for you yourself to pop out of the closet at that time and going down with your friend. Better to go down together than only one to survive?

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 2:42am

Wigginometry

Wigginometry

670 posts

I really don't like hypothetical situations like this, I'd like to think that I would have the foresight to avoid this kind of predicament.

But if for some reason I DID find myself in such a dilemma...

If it was the best friend I'm thinking of right now, then yeah I'd jump out, of course then I'd get away too.

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 2:46am

Somecallmetim

Somecallmetim

64 posts

If it was the best friend I'm thinking of right now, then yeah I'd jump out, of course then I'd get away too.

so what would happen if you knew he wouldn't die? one of you would for sure die, but the decision is up to you.

People seem to think they'll survive if they make themselves aware. Such is not the case.

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 3:21am

Talo

Talo

942 posts

soldiers have come to search your house! They will kill you and eat you if they find you.

I find this offensive