Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Ethics: Your choice

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 23, '10 at 12:21am

BlackIce131

BlackIce131

244 posts

Asian.   Oh it said "ethics" not "ethnic"...
My bad atleast you all know my preferences now ;D

Posted Jun 23, '10 at 10:13am

DDX

DDX

3,470 posts

My bad atleast you all know my preferences now ;D

i dont get it

Posted Jun 23, '10 at 10:46am

pHacon

pHacon

1,313 posts

i dont get it

The guy is being a pervert...  Took me a little while to figure that out because my mind apparently hasn't been dragged around in such swill as his.

Posted Jun 23, '10 at 1:13pm

MRWalker82

MRWalker82

3,874 posts

I would go and fight. While staying at home with mother may prolong her life for a bit, the probability of the occupying forces coming near my home are likely, and the odds of such an event causing the heart attack or stroke that would kill mother are just as high as if I were to leave to fight, in fact I would venture a guess that it would be more probable.

Therefore I see going to fight as the best choice. Even if you do not take into account that the likelyhood of my joining the war effort putting me in a position to assist others.

Posted Jun 23, '10 at 10:08pm

BlackIce131

BlackIce131

244 posts

If these people came into my house, and were goin gto take me and my friend, why would i hid ein the closet. The first action should be like get a weapon and call police or something. I would rather die fighting then mercilessly be dragged out of my house

Posted Jun 24, '10 at 1:03pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

@ Walker and BlackIce

Try to keep up with the topic guys, our current ethics question should be in the last two pages.

The guy is being a pervert...  Took me a little while to figure that out because my mind apparently hasn't been dragged around in such swill as his.

That's a little harsh isn't it? Admitted he was spamming and being an idiot, but it was just a joke. Not to mention that's not exactly perverse just more of a statement, one I could've done without but there's nothing wrong with it.

Posted Jun 24, '10 at 2:11pm

MRWalker82

MRWalker82

3,874 posts

@ Walker and BlackIce

Try to keep up with the topic guys, our current ethics question should be in the last two pages.

orly?

One well-known and frequently discussed example of an ethical dilemma is given by Jean-Paul Sartre. Sartre asks us to imagine a young man who lives with his mother; he is her only happiness in life. But the young man lives in occupied France during World War II and feels obliged to fight in the war.

knowing that going to war might send your mother's stress level above normal and could kill her because she has hypertension (high blood pressure) and high blood pressure coupled with stress many times induces a stroke.

aight go for it

That's the topic I was following, and it can be found at the top of Pg. 31. Where were you?

Posted Jun 24, '10 at 5:43pm

DDX

DDX

3,470 posts

orly?

I was about to say, mr walker was actually responding to the right question.

If these people came into my house, and were goin gto take me and my friend, why would i hid ein the closet. The first action should be like get a weapon and call police or something. I would rather die fighting then mercilessly be dragged out of my house

no.

no, hes not being a pervert, he is just being dumb he obviously knew what the topic meant (I mean he even commented on it and said the right topic)
he just made the obvious decision to troll.

and what do we do to trolls? ignore them. which is why I didnt respond to it in the beginning.

rule of thumb is don't feed the trolls.

anyway to the rest of you people who responded and didnt spam/flame/troll thanks very much.

new question goes up tomorrow

Posted Jun 24, '10 at 6:02pm

MRWalker82

MRWalker82

3,874 posts

rule of thumb is don't feed the trolls.

This is usually true, however sometimes we need a short recess from intellectual endeavors and troll hunting is a praise worthy past time :D

Posted Jun 24, '10 at 6:07pm

Cebbal

Cebbal

18 posts

I've put my life at risk for the safety of others in the past, and would hope things never came to cannabilistic armies occupying my homeland.

I would have died fighting these people eaters long before i hid in a closet so the question doesn't really pertain to me.

but to humor the question "if" i'd have to say i'd jump out.