Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Ethics: Your choice

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 27, '09 at 11:02pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

5,231 posts

lol, I had no idea Hitler was a vegetarian or the FDR and Churchill had such well shady backgrounds lol it amazing how the best looking(figuratively) of the three turned out to be the worst, there somethings that the man did that would make the devil sick to his stomach.

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 12:45am

DDX

DDX

3,680 posts

lol, I had no idea Hitler was a vegetarian or the FDR and Churchill had such well shady backgrounds lol it amazing how the best looking(figuratively) of the three turned out to be the worst, there somethings that the man did that would make the devil sick to his stomach.

Yea, I know right? Because of the fact that we were not given the information that it was Hitler, we were just like the people of Germany when they elected a new kaiser/dictator.

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 7:40am

czecha

czecha

149 posts

of course you would, because during that time of economic turmoil from the result of the first world war, you'd have no where to go. If a man like Hitler came in that time period people would have definitely voted for him, plus he wasn't openly antisemitic.

If I knew how he will rule, I wouldn't :o

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 3:18pm

DDX

DDX

3,680 posts

Okay good work, New question today. The "Good Samaritan" question... with a twist.

Your worst enemy, someone you despise for good reasons, has crashed and you're the first person there. Do you still help, do you put the past behind you and be the good person? Or do you look the other way?

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 3:32pm

Pixie214

Pixie214

6,021 posts

I'm gonna make up those good reasons myself. As usual I'll stick with the cost-reward mechanism so...

When I see the crash stress levels increase. Do I help or not can I justify not helping against the benefits of helping. He is my enemy id I don;t help no one would be surprised that new me and I could get rid off him. Or saving his life could be a turning point and I could be praised for helping someone even though I hate them. But the risk of the act of helping could be high the petrol might be leaking I could be hurt. No I wouldn't help the dangers are too high and no one important to me would blame for not helping.

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 4:32pm

BigP08

BigP08

1,469 posts

I would try to help the person. Even if I despise them for good reasons, meaning this is a bad person, maybe my act will change their attitude. Pixie makes a good point about the cost-reward, but I think duties that are thrust onto our shoulders at random just seem worse than they actually are. I think even though he's not my responsibility, I would feel responsible for anything that happened to him after I turned away.

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 6:00pm

Somecallmetim

Somecallmetim

67 posts

I have a feeling I'd help. My conscious would kick in and I would feel the need to help, no matter what they did to me.

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 6:03pm

DDX

DDX

3,680 posts

I love it guys, you're all really thinking.

Now, here what I think:

When I first posted this question I deliberated with my self to see if I would save him, and it really boiled down to his attitude afterward. I mean if he was ignorant of my dislike towards him, I would probably help him because he would appreciate it, buuut if he knew I hated him and he also disliked me back, I would most likely not help him because he would not appreciate my help. (thats what I think).

new question on friday.

peace out.

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 6:06pm

Pixie214

Pixie214

6,021 posts

buuut if he knew I hated him and he also disliked me back, I would most likely not help him because he would not appreciate my help

But isn;t there a possibility that he would be so over awed that you helped that he eeerrr... forgave you or wanted to make up (what ever happened between you two). So helping could well... help things.

Posted Apr 28, '09 at 9:22pm

Destor

Destor

725 posts

*yawn*

To the first question about the soldiers that eat you:
I would let my friend die, but do what I can to avenge his death later. I would pay all due respects to him, and visit his grave often.

About the A,B,C question: I would have gone with B, mostly because I don't like soldiers to be leaders. But this one has already been revealed for what it is, no?

About the abortion question: I would let her know that abortion is an option, and remind her to consider the child and how its life might be.
About the final question, I would help him/her. Assuming there is no risk to me. If there is a risk I would wait and see. Assuming that unless you help him he will die, I would help him/her always. But first I would call 911 anyway, in case I or (s)he are seriously injured.

Good moral questions. I spent a while on those.