ForumsGamesGemCraft Amulets

11 5225
Olorin
Olorin
3 posts
Nomad

Can someone please explain to me what the mechanism for earning the "you killed at least x consecutive monsters" amulet.

In a level with 84 monsters, in which they ALL get killed, I get nothing. I do not get it.

Thanks,
Olorin

• 11 Replies
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

You need to kill them in one shot.

Olorin
Olorin
3 posts
Nomad

So every 'shot' from a tower has to be a kill, and every gem bomb has to kill all the monsters it hits, yes?

GCZero
GCZero
8 posts
Farmer

I don't totally understand the mechanism either, but I will say that the swarm levels are your best bet to amass the 300+ kill amulets. I got 900 consecutive kills in one of the swarm levels ^^

GCZero
GCZero
8 posts
Farmer

I wish I could edit this in to my last post, but:

You don't have to kill them in one hit I don't think, because I've had kill counts proceed through Giant Monster waves, so there is some mechanism for determining when a kill string starts and stops, but I don't know what it is.

Ralphocop
Ralphocop
102 posts
Nomad

you have to kill that many monsters with your towers shooting over and over non stop.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

you have to kill that many monsters with your towers shooting over and over non stop.

that what i meant
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think it's pretty tricky where the border for a chain continuation is, but as long as there is a kill every moment (short moments), the chain remains.

I think I did a 1253 chain in a swarm level. Pretty sweet.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

I think the requirement is that of all your active towers, they should not all miss a firing cycle continuously. so as long as a tower is firing continuously, the "in a row" counter" updates. As soon as all your towers do not have a monster to fire at when they are ready, then the counter resets..... I think.

Olorin
Olorin
3 posts
Nomad

Secondly, are y'all talking about a different chapter of gemcraft, because I don't see any indicator of number of kills or an amulet requiring 300+ kills.

I'm playing through the chapter one first, so I'm guessing all yoru advice is for the wrong game and I hope somehow translates.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

i talked about Gemcraft chapter 0, sorry if you meant chapter 1

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think it's pretty much the same for chapter 1, though I recall that as being a bit easier. Just keep calling the waves early so your gems always have something to shoot at.

Showing 1-11 of 11