Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

BB Code Guide

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 24, '09 at 10:45am

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

For the first part about posting the link, you really don't need the [url] brackets, you could just post the link without it. Looks to me, that's all that it's doing.

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/3347333/crimsons-bb-code-guide-v30

I put that there without the brackets and it works just fine. Course, if you want words, that's different, but that's already explained here. Great guide Crimson, works very nicely and the whole thing is organized for the easily-irritated, like me =)

Posted Apr 24, '09 at 2:54pm

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

5,718 posts

um ShintesuWA that only works with comments and your about, not in the forums sorry.

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 3:58pm

random_player_of_ag

random_player_of_ag

2,764 posts

Hm.. nice guide.

[quote=ShintetsuWA]http://armorgames.com/community/thread/3347333/crimsons-bb-code-guide-v30[/quote]

I'm just trying some stuff k?

Plz work?

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 4:14pm

Zega

Zega

7,244 posts

Maybe next time you could post in that I FOUND THE BB-CODE PAGE?!?!? lol, just sayin

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 4:48pm

Jrmagic

Jrmagic

312 posts

[quote=quote]Hopefully this works.[/quote]

Wonderful guide.

Posted May 24, '09 at 2:09pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,535 posts

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/3347333/crimsons-bb-code-guide-v30

That should work as a clickable link when pasted... Why didn't it?

Also, sticky. Because I'm tired of people coding images wrong... (If this is not the latest version, point me to the latest version, k? Thx.)

Also, a note...

It is disallowed to make all bold and all italic posts, for the same reason as it is disallowed to make ALL CAPS posts (and COMBINING THEM is just worse). It's possible to use those codes because they're good for highlighting PARTS of a post. Not your entire post.

(Exceptions to the all bold/italic rule may occur in excessively long story threads, such as the MWT. But generally: Don't.)

Posted May 24, '09 at 3:21pm

Jettroper2

Jettroper2

3 posts

awesome thanx

Posted May 24, '09 at 11:57pm

Jrmagic

Jrmagic

312 posts

Thanks Zoph for stickying.

It gives a clear indication of a pretty important part of the forum software, and knowing the software can lead to less "accidents" or spam.

Posted May 25, '09 at 12:05am

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

5,718 posts

That should work as a clickable link when pasted... Why didn't it?

I'm assuming your referring to that particular link, but I am still not sure what you mean. The reason that URL is not working is because it is faulty and has HTML at the end with the word that, but I think thats a part of one of AG's glitches where it screws up a link. Anyways thanks for stickying this, and all of my guides are in my about. I don't know if I will do so or not, but I am considering the creation of a 3.1 to fix some minor errors. That version would probably be posted on this thread anyways though since its an edited version of an already existing version. I agree that having people post in all bold/italics is bad, and I think that is why we no longer have underline, because people did that.

Posted May 25, '09 at 1:39pm

sunnyb

sunnyb

533 posts

This guide is really helpful! I'm glad it got stickied.