Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

BB Code Guide

Thread Locked

Posted May 26, '09 at 11:23am

jezz

jezz

3,394 posts

Perfect! Thanks, this helped me greatly after my failed attempt in the Newcomers Forums :P

Posted May 30, '09 at 9:25am

surfthenet

surfthenet

733 posts

Thx for this guide, and thx for my favorite mod, Zophia (I don't know other mods) lol.

Posted Jun 9, '09 at 12:13pm

Bux99

Bux99

313 posts

Hey this really helps me thanx,must have took you a long time to make!!!!

Posted Jun 21, '09 at 5:51pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

Hey, really great guide, though all I wanted is how the url and image combine, I didn't know you can combine bold and italics, thanks...

Anyway, I think that you should mention the fact that there are some buttons which would make BBcode easier for you to type, its at the top of the text box (the one that says bold, italic etc...)

Also, with the exception of image, you must press each button twice, one for opening the Code and one for closing it. Another exception is when you highlight something in the text box and then click on any button.

Posted Jun 21, '09 at 6:00pm

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

5,718 posts

Anyway, I think that you should mention the fact that there are some buttons which would make BBcode easier for you to type, its at the top of the text box (the one that says bold, italic etc...)

hmm...I suppose in the next guide I will probably do so. I have to fix a few minor errors anyways. I might post a 3.1 when I get around to it, and since I do find myself using the buttons sometimes for saving time I could give an extra guide to show how to use them quickly...except the image and link buttons which I despise. Also its better to learn the codes so you can combine them, and use them on forums that don't have the buttons, so I don't really want people to become reliant on the buttons. Also with the amount of glitches that go on with AG, you never know when one that keeps people from using the buttons could pop up, but still I will be sure when I get around to it to add that to the guide if I can.

Posted Jun 21, '09 at 6:19pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

5,957 posts

That was a good idea to put it in a picture, because then the bbcodes don't actually take action.

I'm just testing this for fun, cuz I never knew about this bbcode until this guide. As a longtime member I figured out the rest.

[quote=crimsonblade555]*sigh* OK I just had a look at it and I saved the image with the wrong image size set so here is the real image(hopefully)[/quote]

um yeah duh :P

Posted Jun 22, '09 at 2:06pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

You can also combine a quote with another quote (so like when you want to quote someone who quoted another post)

Ok below, "person 2" will quote "person 1", write what ever after, post it and person 3 is quoting person 2, just to make it easier to understand.

[QUOTE][QUOTE]<first quote here (ie, what person 1 has written)[/QUOTE]<here is what person 2 has written>[/QUOTE]

example:

[quote]hello I am person 1
Hi person 1, I am person 2[/quote]

If this does not work, I'll try again.

Posted Jun 23, '09 at 12:44pm

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

5,718 posts

You can also combine a quote with another quote

well....yes, though that is not combining two different BB codes, but it is possible, and has been used before by some. I will be sure to note that.

Posted Jul 2, '09 at 8:53pm

MagiX

MagiX

1,039 posts

Are you sure that the [quote=name*] one works? I've never seen that being used here.

Mind if i try it out?

[quote=MagiX]I said this[/quote]

Posted Jul 7, '09 at 8:31am

LazyOne

LazyOne

174 posts

Hello i was just wondering, could someone make me an account for photobucket please? i need the direct link thing... and the internet is so slow here that creating one my own doesnt work... please? the name can be anything ^^