ForumsProgramming ForumAwesome Design Site Changer

4 3203
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Today, i'm going to show you how to change the words and pictures of any site. ANY, even this site. But its not illegal because when you change it, it will just stay like that for your computer. not others computer. Also if you click X on the window, it will disappear and you will have to redo everything. Please promise me to not spread this around all your friends. So here are the 5 steps to do:

1.Copy this : javascript: document.body.contentEditable = 'true'; document.designMode = 'on'; void 0

2.Go to any site

3.Go to the spot where you write a site to go to.

4.Paste the stuffs you copied without the real site. So right now it JUST must have:
javascript: document.body.contentEditable = 'true'; document.designMode = 'on'; void 0

5.Then, you start deleting and adding words, deleting pictures and adding pictures and some other cool stuffs to do!

• 4 Replies
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

Wow that is probably the coolest little piece of JS I've ever seen xD

It can really help web design newbies understand how a web page is constructed.

Thank you for posting this

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

It can really help web design newbies understand how a web page is constructed.

Strongly disagreed. It wont show any layout and styles etc., as well as an ability to rip off/add buttons on your keyboard won't let you know how it works The script just let you mess with your browser, that's all.

P.S. That code was posted on forums some time ago.

P.P.S. No, it is not hacking
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

Well anatolytt, I showed it to a friend I'm teaching some web designing to, and he said it helps :P
But, w.e.

Jacobxx
Jacobxx
3 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't call that helpful. Its just moving elements.. The way to teach webdesign is to get them to write code, not play with visual (WYSIWYG) web designers like "Frontpage" and "Dreamweaver". Just get them to type in the code or play with other people's code and they can say "If i change this.. this happens.."

Showing 1-4 of 4