ForumsSupport ForumTemporarily Removed Features

112 29067
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Okay, I noticed that many people have been wondering why and which glitches have been happening. I have made a list here of all the possible glitches and feature removals connected to the optimization. I suggest people read here to see if their glitch is here.

Features removed

Trash can: The Trash can has been removed because of the optimization. Carlie has said that it will come back afterwords. Pazx here though has found a way to delete comments. I have made the steps:

1. Go to your 'All comments'(That's below the Messenger)
2. From there you should see the trash can symbols next to the posts.
3. It is possible to delete posts from there.

Please note: It may happen that the posts you attempt to delete don't disappear straight away. It may take up to an hour or more before they do, but the fact is they do.

Armatars in the Messenger: similar to the trash can, this feature has been removed before the site has been updated. Seeing as it doesn't affect people in any negative way except that it is less colorful, it isn't much of a problem.

People active in the Last 5 minutes function: The new users may not know this, but before the optimization started, there was a recently active list at the bottom of the community main page. Just like the above problem, although it was useful and a great tool, it doesn't affect the life style of most people here at armorgames.

The slower way is to check their Abouts to see if the dot is green.

(Carlie has also said that this feature will be up again after updating the site)

The Vote Up function: Although it was a rather misty tool to some, the idea of the vote up was to have great comments be easily recognized for their effort and skill by bolding the text for every vote up. It was mostly for getting merits noticed. But, as some people have pointed out, merit worthy comments stand out from the rest because they are generally long and organized.

Glitches

Red/green activity icon: as many people have complained, the dot on our Abouts seems to be very inaccurate for some. Though I am not sure if this is because they haven't posted in the last 5-10 minutes or a glitch, I will write it here to tell people NOT to worry. Write a comment if you want to be sure.

Ranking glitch: The ranking glitch(I believe it is one) is that you move up ranks dead slow. I myself only get updated every day once, while I'm not active. Don't worry! It will sort itself at some point during inactivity. Be patient.

Post count glitch #1: An example of this glitch can be found here. The idea is that your profile says less posts than you are definitely sure of. Here are the possible reasons:

1. You posted in the forum games section of the forum, which does not give AP or counts as comment posts.

2. It really is a glitch. Wait and hope it solves itself after an hour or so.

Post count glitch #2: I'm not sure if other people have noticed, but when you go onto a thread you posted on earlier, most likely it has less posts than on your About. the number changes when you post in that thread, so it can be solved.

Posts don't appear: Some people may or may not have this problem. People click submit and their post doesn't appear. They have maid sure that they were holding the 30 seconds rule, but it still happens. I have no idea what to do, but for security measures, copy your document before clicking submit.

If there is a feature removal or a non reported glitch, please write here! i will write an updated list whenever a new thing is added to the list.

Readers, for the current list of glitches and features removed, please go to the last page in this thread and hopefully you will find the current list there. If not, head to the previous page.

• 112 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

That was different: They didn't show up in the forums or Profile. Only on Comments, and because they don't have pictures anymore, the whole glitch is gone.

I have seen both halloween, thanksgiving and christmas armatars IN THE FORUMS. Not in the comments, but in posts. Cholokid got a christmas armatar, if I remember correctly.
It seems that these armatars are being shown now because the person have not chosen a new armatar, and as all the armatars are still there, even without us seeing, the optimization is making them show..
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Current list of all mentioned glitches and feature removals

What is a glitch?

According the Oxford Dictionary, a glitch is:

a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment

Italic features and glitches mean they have recently been added to the list and therefore are very likely to happen. Other ones may have been fixed or are still there, but we are not sure.

Features removed

Trash can: The Trash can has been removed because of the optimization. Carlie has said that it will come back afterwords. Pazx here though has found a way to delete comments. I have made the steps:

Please note: It may happen that the posts you attempt to delete don't disappear straight away. It may take up to an hour or more before they do, but the fact is they do.

Armatars in the Messenger: similar to the trash can, this feature has been removed before the site has been updated. Seeing as it doesn't affect people in any negative way except that it is less colorful, it isn't much of a problem.

People active in the Last 5 minutes function: The new users may not know this, but before the optimization started, there was a recently active list at the bottom of the community main page. Just like the above problem, although it was useful and a great tool, it doesn't affect the life style of most people here at armorgames.

(Carlie has also said that this feature will be up again after updating the site)

The Vote Up function: Although it was a rather misty tool to some, the idea of the vote up was to have great comments be easily recognized for their effort and skill by bolding the text for every vote up. It was mostly for getting merits noticed. But, as some people have pointed out, merit worthy comments stand out from the rest because they are generally long and organized.

Glitches

Red/green activity icon: as many people have complained, the dot on our Abouts seems to be very inaccurate for some. Though I am not sure if this is because they haven't posted in the last 5-10 minutes or a glitch, I will write it here to tell people NOT to worry. Write a comment if you want to be sure.

Ranking glitch: The ranking glitch(I believe it is one) is that you move up ranks dead slow. I myself only get updated every day once, while I'm not active. Don't worry! It will sort itself at some point during inactivity. Be patient.

Post count glitch #1: An example of this glitch can be found here. The idea is that your profile says less posts than you are definitely sure of. Here are the possible reasons:

1. You posted in the forum games section of the forum, which does not give AP or counts as comment posts.

Post count glitch #2: I'm not sure if other people have noticed, but when you go onto a thread you posted on earlier, most likely it has less posts than on your About. the number changes when you post in that thread, so it can be solved.

Posts don't appear: Some people may or may not have this problem. People click submit and their post doesn't appear. They have maid sure that they were holding the 30 seconds rule, but it still happens. I have no idea what to do, but for security measures, copy your document before clicking submit.

The Tennisman and Zega glitch: yes, Zega and tennis get their own glitch: If you go on their page, you may see that they happen to be in first place(It may not. Then the glitch is solved). Please note that they have not taken over Firetail (Yet) or fst6 for that matter. It is a glitch and hopefully will go away.

Fake Gold king: This interesting feature involves some random person being given the Gold King badge even though they are very far from it. Please own up and tell the administrators by commenting them, emailing or going to the Contact page. Even if a person has this, they don't get into the top 10, and may be hard to find.

High Rank armatar: If people go to here(The link is http://armorgames.com/user/MissingTeddyHanssen) they may discover that teddy has an armatar he is definitely not supposed to have. It is a rare water color one that is very high up in the unlockables and few have gotten it. If you actually can do this, then I have to say you're pretty lucky! But maybe own up and report it.

Latest Post Haywire #1: This is another glitch that is harmless, but annoying. The main community page shows the latest posted thread at some completely random time or 'Just now' even if it was posted three hours ago. We hope that this will be solved in the future.

Latest Post Haywire #2: Very similar to the first, except in the forums themselves. The time is completely of and may sometimes even show the wrong user!

Empty thread page #1: Sometimes, if you click on last post next to a thread, it brings you to a page in the thread with no posts. I think it is still a part of the thread, just that the thread isn't that long yet and hasn't reached that page yet. You can easily get to the end of the thread by clicking on the last page number.

Empty thread page #2: When people click submit, the server normally brings you to the page you posted on. Now, recently, I have had a few times when it simply brings me a page exactly like the above glitch. Rest assured, your post should have been posted anyway. If not, then just tough luck and hope it doesn't happen again!

Every Page glitch: Although some may find this useful, what happens is that a link to every single page in the thread is loaded, instead(for very long threads) the first 5 and the last 5 pages, or the five pages after the current page and the last 5 of the thread. At times it may become rather annoying, as shown here:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Help%20Service/asc.jpg

(Click the link for the image. I won't show it here to conserve space)

Imaginary friend: This funny glitch is when you have a friend on your profile who has no name, armatar or link to the user. I believe the reason may be because the user was deleted or it really may be a pure glitch.

If you happen to find a feature removal or a glitch, please feel free to tell us here!

Readers, for the current list of glitches and features removed, please go to the last page in this thread and hopefully you will find the current list there. If not, head to the previous page.

Ulimitedpower

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I believe the reason may be because the user was deleted or it really may be a pure glitch.

It could be that the user who had the strange profile deleted the guy as a friend. And you really followed me and named it imaginary friend? Wow...
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

It seems that these armatars are being shown now because the person have not chosen a new armatar,

Remember again, half of the users are ghost, we're used for getting free points from referrals. But their are actually only 300 users around that have actually been here for more than a week. .
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Empty thread page #2: When people click submit, the server normally brings you to the page you posted on. Now, recently, I have had a few times when it simply brings me a page exactly like the above glitch. Rest assured, your post should have been posted anyway. If not, then just tough luck and hope it doesn't happen again!

A way to note if your post has really been posted is by checking the posting box. There should be a message above it stating you have to wait 30 seconds to post again.

Ulimited, you missed the glitched where the latest user's name is not listed at all. Just a blank space.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Remember again, half of the users are ghost, we're used for getting free points from referrals. But their are actually only 300 users around that have actually been here for more than a week.

Cholokid. I am pretty sure his armatar is a christmas one, and he is active in the forums.
And the referrals stopped before I became a member, which would mean the ghosts from that would be a) older members than me, and b) therefor had to be active members at the same time as me. I became a member two months before the first armatar contest.

And the -all pages, no post- glitch is now to be found in the ZSC as well.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Interesting...Maybe it hits threads with a great number of posts?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

That was different: They didn't show up in the forums or Profile. Only on Comments, and because they don't have pictures anymore, the whole glitch is gone.

That all changed D:
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Oh yes, this thread is a classic example of the Empty thread page #1.

I do have a sense of humor. =]

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

you should have oops i have spammed *slap myself

I don't understand your post? Who/what were you referring to?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Flagging glitch. Possibly. Check this thread out.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I will make the list in my next post.

But their are actually only 300 users around that have actually been here for more than a week. .

I believe more. 2000 maybe, but at the moment, only yeah, about 250 are active.

Cenny, Ulimitedpower does not know what the ZSC is. Please tell me.

Flagging glitch. Possibly. Check this thread out.

I believe that is due to the fact when your computer is getting no signal from Armorgames, and it takes time before the flag changes.

And will now write the new list.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Current list of all mentioned glitches and feature removals

What is a glitch?

According the Oxford Dictionary, a glitch is:

a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment

Italic features and glitches mean they have recently been added to the list and therefore are very likely to happen. Other ones may have been fixed or are still there, but we are not sure.

Features removed

Glitches

The Tennisman and Zega glitch: yes, Zega and tennis get their own glitch: If you go on their page, you may see that they happen to be in first place(It may not. Then the glitch is solved). Please note that they have not taken over Firetail (Yet) or fst6 for that matter. It is a glitch and hopefully will go away.

Fake Gold king: This interesting feature involves some random person being given the Gold King badge even though they are very far from it. Please own up and tell the administrators by commenting them, emailing or going to the Contact page. Even if a person has this, they don't get into the top 10, and may be hard to find.

High Rank armatar: If people go to here(The link is http://armorgames.com/user/MissingTeddyHanssen) they may discover that teddy has an armatar he is definitely not supposed to have. It is a rare water color one that is very high up in the unlockables and few have gotten it. If you actually can do this, then I have to say you're pretty lucky! But maybe own up and report it.

Latest Post Haywire #1: This is another glitch that is harmless, but annoying. The main community page shows the latest posted thread at some completely random time or 'Just now' even if it was posted three hours ago. We hope that this will be solved in the future.

Latest Post Haywire #2: Very similar to the first, except in the forums themselves. The time is completely of and may sometimes even show the wrong user!

Empty thread page #1: Sometimes, if you click on last post next to a thread, it brings you to a page in the thread with no posts. I think it is still a part of the thread, just that the thread isn't that long yet and hasn't reached that page yet. You can easily get to the end of the thread by clicking on the last page number.

Every Page glitch: Although some may find this useful, what happens is that a link to every single page in the thread is loaded, instead(for very long threads) the first 5 and the last 5 pages, or the five pages after the current page and the last 5 of the thread. At times it may become rather annoying, as shown here:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/ ⦠ce/asc.jpg

(Click the link for the image. I won't show it here to conserve space)

Imaginary friend: This funny glitch is when you have a friend on your profile who has no name, armatar or link to the user. I believe the reason may be because the user was deleted or it really may be a pure glitch.

No user last post activity: Similar to the others, this glitch is when the last post is seen as posted by no one with no name.

If you happen to find a feature removal or a glitch, please feel free to tell us here!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

ZSC

Zombie Survival Club. The thread is here.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I know I wasn't active before, but it really seems to me like no one is finding any glitches at the moment. It seems to be forgotten. Has no one found any new bugs we could add?

Showing 31-45 of 112