ForumsPopular MediaBlack Hawk Down

48 36091
PaintballKing17
PaintballKing17
253 posts
Nomad

In Black Hawk Down, what is your favorite part in the movie?

• 48 Replies
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Yup oh man that was aswome ~

jackice
jackice
53 posts
Nomad

i love black hawk down it is an awsome game to play right.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Ya but he's talking about the movie lol, the game counts thought!

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

never seen it but I have herd of it sounds cool

PaintballKing17
PaintballKing17
253 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's a great movie

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I agree you have to watch it ~

PaintballKing17
PaintballKing17
253 posts
Nomad

yeah, it's a classic movie

PaintballKing17
PaintballKing17
253 posts
Nomad

That, and all the angry Somolians running toward them

danbombs
danbombs
39 posts
Nomad

When they are crashed and you see the tons of Somolians running, I felt so up tight and on the edge of my seat like aaaagh. I was born the day the real event happened. :0

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

It's an awesome movie! I love every bit of it, but my favorite part is when the Black Hawks get shot down by RPGs. It gets pretty dramatic and epic from then on with the advance to save the pilots.

The convoy part with the Humvees is also intense.

Although it's good, I think Saving Private Ryan has a better storyline.

But's that an old movie.
Well, only if you consider almost 9 years "old".
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Has to be when Orlando Bloom falls out of the helicopter right at the beginning and has to be evacuated. Such a fail.

TexanProvo
TexanProvo
408 posts
Nomad

It's a very good war movie, it really benefited from a good director, the actual event being fairly recent (some actual footage is used in the background) and many of the people actually involved helped with the creation. I think the realisim of the movie, the accuracy to what actually happened is what makes it really enjoyable, but I of course have scenes I like.
The pilots defending themselves from the advancing Somalies is a good scene, you know they aren't going to win but they try at least.
The pilot trying to avoid the RPG, helicopters are not easy to fly so he did what he could.
The Mogadishu Mile is a good scene, them having to run for their lives with the entire city attacking them.
The scene where the boy militiaman accidentally shoots his father, memorable in a way, sad.
And finally, I like the two guys (machine gun team I think) who got separated and had to find their way back to the others. I liked how one of the guys lost his hearing for a while from all the gunfire. I use guns a lot and that does happen if you don't use good hearing protection so I thought that was a nice touch of accuracy you rarley see in movies.

IESA20
IESA20
153 posts
Nomad

I definatly agree with the creator of the thread! that part is epic! i havnt watched that movie since it came out on dvd though. wow i feel old and that movie isnt even old!

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

I liked how one of the guys lost his hearing for a while from all the gunfire. I use guns a lot and that does happen if you don't use good hearing protection
Well, actually he lost his hearing from an RPG going off near him. Which has a slightly more effective cause on hearing loss.

Has to be when Orlando Bloom falls out of the helicopter right at the beginning and has to be evacuated. Such a fail.
I heard he practiced very hard for that role...
peaceman1
peaceman1
248 posts
Nomad

fav war movie i say is the part the guy fell out chopper have u guys playrd vid game version of movie

Showing 16-30 of 48