Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

What do you think Heaven will be like?

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:21am

orion732

orion732

529 posts

This post is mostly for Christians.  I'm wondering what people think Heaven will be like when we get there.  Please put any of your views.  If you don't believe in Heaven or life after death, please don't post here.

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:24am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Somewhere with eternal happiness.

I don't really know anything aside from that. It's a long shot when figuring this out.

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:34am

orion732

orion732

529 posts

Well, I'm really asking what you think it will look like. I generated this post by seeing how many people talk about religious issues here.  My teacher once had us write a bunch about what we thought heaven would be like.  I wrote 3 pages.  I think that it will be like a forest, with scattered cities and stuff.  It will always be the right temperature.  You could change the weather on a whim, and it would be clearer and crisper than this world.  I think it would feel more real than this world does.

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:35am

pickleshack

pickleshack

357 posts

Well I'm not a christian, but i do think that life continues after death. I think heaven will be a reflection of the individuals understanding of what it should be. Thus, heaven will be explicitly different for everyone, that is if you have finished enough lives here on earth warrant going to "heaven".

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:37am

Somers

Somers

1,486 posts

The scripturews only give us so much information...not alot to say on it though

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:37am

orion732

orion732

529 posts

I agree, I think that what somebody will see heaven as will be up to them.  If someone really likes the ocean, there would be more beaches and stuff.

if you have finished enough lives here on earth

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:44am

DDX

DDX

3,470 posts

In the bible it stated that heaven will be like a warehouse, where you will find all the good stuff you never asked god for. thats a metaphor? for... something.

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:44am

pickleshack

pickleshack

357 posts

Yes I do. Strangely enough I was raised an extremely devout christian, but I still remember having that moment of self-actualization when I was five and thinking, "If I wasn't me, I would have to be someone else." Anyone else have that experience. I would ponder who I would be if i wasn't me.

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:45am

Somers

Somers

1,486 posts

No because reincarnations a load of...how can i put this....no...maybe...CRAP

Posted May 1, '09 at 12:51am

Zootsuit_riot

Zootsuit_riot

1,521 posts

I'm patiently awaiting my arrival so I can fulfill my pleasures among the seventy-two virgins I was promised.

Reply to What do you think Heaven will be like?

You must be logged in to post a reply!