ForumsGame WalkthroughsThe arrow of time: best arrow combination

103 69960
paulik123
paulik123
2 posts
Nomad

Whats your favorite arrow combination?
Mine is Explosive + Homing ... here's a video with that combination( made by me) <object width="425" height="344">&ltaram name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qt5ytfVIuXQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param>&ltaram name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>&ltaram name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qt5ytfVIuXQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• 103 Replies
daleksparta
daleksparta
1,648 posts
Nomad

what age?

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

I thought helium arrows improved accuracy by keeping the arrow straight, and the time arrow will send the unit back by one era per arrow shot.

time arrows stop movement, and helium arrows keep em straight. sorry got mixed up.

by the way, lead arrows forces vehicles on the ground, i just maxed it (thought i could do a one hit one kill)... it doesn't increase damage... then i wonder what gravity arrows do?

hmm my lead arrows must have been faulty... The gravity arrows draw the vehicles together.
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

edit:

actually helium arrows, prevent enemies from falling they make them rise.

time arrows: send the monster 1 era backwards.

lead arrows: make them fall towards the ground.

Sorry... I turned off animation >.> because my computer started to get laggy....

Necrotic
Necrotic
195 posts
Nomad

OK, now I know what Lead and Helium arrows do. I never found them useful anyway.

And WackWeeper, I agree with you 100%. The Homing + Piercing combo is the best. The firing rate is awesome and I swarmed Toot with 4-5 missiles at a time (I was crying on the inside when I saw this... beautiful).

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

piece + lightning = shocking

LuciferSatanis
LuciferSatanis
179 posts
Nomad

And WackWeeper, I agree with you 100%. The Homing + Piercing combo is the best. The firing rate is awesome and I swarmed Toot with 4-5 missiles at a time (I was crying on the inside when I saw this... beautiful).

it is faster with homing+explosion because the homing+peircing eventually just stuck there...
WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

thanks for the appreciation... by the way, i finished the game...really cool story, and thanks DDX for the update on how the arrow works. Now i can max all the arrows and atleast know how they work...

oh yeah, and about the homing + piercing combo. It works best at toot, since he's large and all, so its pretty easy for the arrows to not miss. but if you want to go on bada** mode (espeacially with all the monsters everywhere), then definitely use homing + explosive.

SuperFlashBros
SuperFlashBros
3 posts
Nomad

http://armorblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/guide.png

-Dim

SuperFlashBros
SuperFlashBros
3 posts
Nomad

http://armorblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/guide.png

-Dim

WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

finally! just the thing i need, thanks superflashbro...

by the way, isnt the last part suppose to be LEAD/GRAVITY.... anyways, thanks for the post...this is the sort of guide ive been looking for...

probably, what WE'VE ALL been looking for...

rayvon101
rayvon101
2 posts
Nomad

Ever tried Fire and Time Combo? thats the best one. It slows them down and the fire keeps burning them.. so they just get destroyed...

WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

sounds cool, haven't tried it though, i'l try it later...but the problem with the combo is it's kinda slow. And as the level progresses, you'l learn that you need a one shot one kill kind of attack (or something like that). but the idea sounds unique, never heard or even tried such a combo.

WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

sounds cool, haven't tried it though, i'l try it later...but the problem with the combo is it's kinda slow. And as the level progresses, you'l learn that you need a one shot one kill kind of attack (or something like that). but the idea sounds unique, never heard or even tried such a combo.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

thanks dim! I'll have to try some of those things out.

rayvon101
rayvon101
2 posts
Nomad

ofcourse it doesnt work with time level three.... I hate the third one

Showing 16-30 of 103