Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 9:07pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,473 posts

This is such an easy one :) Johnny Cash. My dad raised me with his music so you know... It's weird how I listen to 50s country at this age xD

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 3:04pm

redfan45

redfan45

202 posts

Johhny Cash, he did rockabily in the 50's and I love that.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 1:50pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

I'm not familiar with these artists, but I'm pretty sure that Johnny Cash isn't a band... Just kidding, I can't resist the temptation :)

I don't usually listen to this kind of music, but I have to admit that I'm having some trouble deciding which one to vote because I like both of them. They both sound really good, have a nice voice and I just love the sound of the guitars. However, it seems to me, who has absolutely no knowledge about this music, that Jennings was a "classic" country musician, while Cash explored other genres. Cash's songs surprise me every time due to that musical variety and that's probably the main reason why I'm voting for him.

So my vote goes to Johnny Cash.

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 6:03pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

A now for an update. Maybe it was wishful thinking to hope for more votes than this, but I expected more. Current score:

I hate to point out that these are singers, not bands.

I'm aware of this, but adding singers ads to the variety of this competition. Plus, we've done this before, I believe most recently with the battle of the Beatles, where we pitted each Beatle member against each other.

Posted Dec 29, '12 at 9:06am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Although Waylon Jennings has a few songs I really love, I'm going to have to go with the man in black on this one.  Johnny Cash is just above and beyond most people in country music.  So much so that he is bigger than country music, where Waylon is "merely" country music.  If that makes any sense.

My vote is for Johnny Cash.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 3:17pm

Parsat

Parsat

1,810 posts

Johnny Cash, all the way.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 4:44pm

NemNems

NemNems

6 posts

I would say Johnny Cash, but both don't really interest me. Almost never heard about Waylon Jennings. But Johnny Cash as merit, for his amazing cover of "Hurt" which is one of my favourite songs ever.

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 9:31am

DancesWithFoxes

DancesWithFoxes

58 posts

Johnny Cash has my vote

Posted Jan 6, '13 at 1:06am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Johnny Cash, all the way

Johnny Cash has my vote

you guys need to include reasoning with your vote.  As your posts stand, they barely qualify as anything more than spam.  The point of this thread is to provoke discussion and in order to do so, some reasoning must be had.

Posted Jan 6, '13 at 7:16pm

Parsat

Parsat

1,810 posts

I have no other reasoning besides the fact that I prefer Johnny Cash's voice. If I wanted to logic you a conclusion, I'd be in WEPR. Just let this oldtimer walk the line.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!