Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Dec 19, '13 at 9:02am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,365 posts

Ooh Elton and Bowie ^^ Haha I'm gonna vote Elton because of the song Rocket Man... I love that song lol

Posted Dec 19, '13 at 4:37pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

Philadelphia Freedom is one of my favorite songs, to listen to and to sing. Island Girl is great too, and how can you not love Crocodile Rock or Rocket Man?

David Bowie has Cat People, but that's the extent of my liking for anything he's done musically.

Posted Dec 19, '13 at 9:09pm

daleks

daleks

3,651 posts

This is going to hurt lots of people, but I don't really like either of them. I like David's Space Oddity tons, but I also like Elton's Rocket Man and Crocodile rock.

I really don't know who to vote for here. I think though I will go with David, cause I have seen Elton in interviews and while he is funny he is also sorta mean. So David wins for me.

Posted Dec 19, '13 at 9:18pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,347 posts

Knight

The only song I like from David Bowie is Let's Dance. I think it's an amazing song but Elton John made many good songs like Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Yellow brick road, Rocket man, etc.
My vote goes to Elton John.

Posted Dec 19, '13 at 10:55pm

jeff2241

jeff2241

121 posts

david is such a cool guy but Elton is the better musician. I vote for Elton john. see how the browser automatically capitalized his name and not david's? I didn't do that intentionally.

Posted Dec 20, '13 at 1:24am

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

206 posts

Definitely Elton John. Simply because I love Lion King, which includes Can you feel the love tonight.

Posted Dec 20, '13 at 3:43pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

5,805 posts

Elton John because I'm more familiar with his work, although I know David as well. Lots of fond memories have been made while listening to Elton's songs, though, so I give my vote to him.

Posted Dec 22, '13 at 5:26am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

Something about Elton's music makes him seem oddly likeable. I don't know whether it's the piano, the warm smile, the festive glasses, or the fact that he's married to a Canadian man named David, but whatever the reason, he's always seemed like someone who will always be there for you through thick and thin.

I respect people who embrace being different and strange, but David Bowie pushed for it instead of letting it come naturally to him. To a certain extent, he was definitely genuinely unusual, but he practically turned straying away from the mainstream into a competitive sport.

Elton John gets my vote.

Posted Dec 24, '13 at 10:45am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

I vote for David Bowie, because of Let's Dance and Dancing in the street. I haven't a heard a single song by Elton John.

Posted Dec 24, '13 at 12:59pm

Charlie506

Charlie506

1,315 posts

Elton John is cooler.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!