Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted May 6, '12 at 9:04am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,120 posts

It seems like this particular battle isn't drawing that much attention to the ArmorGames users as we might want to... =/

Let's hope for the best and it will be getting better within the next couple of days! =)

Some new ideas for battles are already filed, so continuance of the thread is secured! ;)

Posted May 9, '12 at 8:13pm

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

3,038 posts

Cat Stevens is so calming and nice lyrics. But he's not Cat Stevens anymore. His name is Yusuf Islam.

Posted May 10, '12 at 10:10am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

I am going to vote for Jackson Browne.

I can listen to just about anything he does at anytime. Nothing fancy at all, just straightforward in what he does, but he does THAT very very well. I am actually a bit disappointed in myself for not getting into him sooner. I had a chance to see him live.. for free.. and went out of town to an Irish Music festival instead (still can't believe that myself).

Cat Stevens had some nice music, but some of it actually just drains excitement out of me if I listen to it for too long. In other words, I only like him in small doses.

My vote - Jackson Browne

(if I can keep coming up with new battles, I don't mind being the only "supplier". But that's one of the reasons I handed over the controls for this thread.. I was drawing blanks. Just recently I came up with some decent ones though, lol)

Posted May 10, '12 at 1:41pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,120 posts

he's not Cat Stevens anymore. His name is Yusuf Islam.

Oh yes! I completely forgot about that! It's never mentioned anymore, but... well... here! =P

I'll back up ilberic on the vote and vote for Jackson Browne as well! I never liked the style of Cat that much... Jackson on the other hand has a nice feel to his music, with the ease of a true artist putting his sole and being into the lyrics and music. He's nice to listen too at any given moment of the day! =)

So, with a shocking low amount of votes, the score shows :

2 - Jackson Browne
-VS-
0 - Cat Stevens

I also think this is probably the last score roundup for this battle as we are preparing to launch a new one soon! Just wait for waluigi's or my post with a new battle to start a-fresh! =D

P.s. you can keep brainstorming about battles ilberic! Even if you are the sole or one of the few providers of battles, we still appreciate it! ;)

Posted May 10, '12 at 8:17pm

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

3,038 posts

I voted for Cat.

Posted May 11, '12 at 11:09am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

So, with a shocking low amount of votes..

I also think this is probably the last score roundup for this battle as we are preparing to launch a new one soon

I'm not one to critique or anything, especially since I know what a pain this can be at times, but the non-battle of Georgia Satellites vs. Fleetwood Mac went for 27 days.. comparatively, this one is in its infancy (12 days).

Don't forget that I had one other suggested battle as well, probably the best one of my recent efforts too.

Posted May 11, '12 at 12:35pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,954 posts

I let the Georgia Satellites- Fleetwood Mac battle last that long. Eeep...
I do plan on changing this battle, probably tonight. Two far more well know artists will be featured.

Posted May 12, '12 at 3:45am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,120 posts

I know what you mean ilberic, but leaving a battle on the board for so long and getting little to no response to it might seem a little quick on the draw, but I think it's better to change it quicker, than having a thread that lacks activity due to having the same battle posted for almost 4 weeks... =0

And we won't forget the suggestion you made, don't worry! ;)

Posted May 12, '12 at 12:41pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,954 posts

Alright, time for a battle change. But first, the final score update for this battle:

2 - Jackson Browne
-VS-
1 - Cat Stevens

quite a not battle. But now, its time for a battle between the King and Queen of pop music. Our next battle:

Michael Jackson vs. Madonna

Michael Jackson:
Billy Jean
Bad
Beat It

Madonna:
Like A Virgin
Vogue
Take A Bow

Let the battle begin!

and as usual <h3>If you have suggestions, post them to mine or Mrdaycee's profile</h3>

Posted May 12, '12 at 1:42pm

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Michael Jackson for me. I like Madonna, but I only like about an albums worth of songs by her. I can listen to just about anything Michael does. It's a shame that he messed up his life so badly. I guess when you aren't allowed to have a childhood, things can get extremely nutty.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!