Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Aerosmith -vs- AC/DC (Page 413)

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:07am

ilberic

ilberic

869 posts

My vote in this one is Willie Nelson.

I like Willie's voice over Cash's.  I like nearly everything I've heard by Willie whereas with Cash, I like quite a few.  What I do like about Cash is his aura, if that makes sense to people.  He has this certain residual darkness that is larger than his music.  While Willie's aura is fun-loving and laid-back.  I think they're both great artists, but in the end it's about the music for me, and Willie's music just seems to grab me more than Cash's.

Vote - Willie Nelson

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 1:58pm

Mickeyryn

Mickeyryn

244 posts

Honestly, I really like the two guys equally, but I'd gotta say... Nelson.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:09pm

ilberic

ilberic

869 posts

Honestly, I really like the two guys equally, but I'd gotta say... Nelson

Yeah, but why do you choose Nelson?  Music, lyric's, persona, favorite song?  anything?

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 10:21pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,783 posts

Johnny Cash, for some reason he reminds Killersup of Elvis. All the excellent songs he created as well...such as " Grave gonna hold me down"

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 10:17am

weirdlike

weirdlike

332 posts

Johnny Cash - Get Rhythm

because life is depressing enough as it is :D

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 12:57pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,698 posts

I'm voting for Johnny Cash again for the same reason I voted for him last round. His diverse musical style is much more interesting to me. Though I haven't listened to many songs by these artists, I prefer Cash's songs over Willie's because his songs are more appealing to me.

Posted Jan 28, '13 at 8:08pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

Willie Nelson is more original.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 11:29pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,644 posts

Update time. Our current score:

@Salvidian & Mickeyryn: You've gotta have reasoning along with your vote for it to count.

@Weirdlike: I'll let your vote slide this time, but in the future, you need more reasoning.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 11:33pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

@Salvidian & Mickeyryn: You've gotta have reasoning along with your vote for it to count.

Originality isn't a good field for in-depth reasoning? Oh well.

Willie Nelson was able to create a more unique sound by staying away from the mainstream sound of his time.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 10:45am

weirdlike

weirdlike

332 posts

I'll let your vote slide this time, but in the future, you need more reasoning.

I don't mind being more descriptive... just kinda lazy

Hands down to both artists, true musical icons, but if I were to choose one over the other it would have to be Cash. The depressing music in combination with his signature deep voice really struck interest with me. He made depressing music upbeat, with titles like "Man In Black", "Get Rhythm", and the poor story of "A Boy Name Sue"

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Aerosmith -vs- AC/DC (Page 413)

You must be logged in to post a reply!