Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Oasis -vs- Blur (Page 426)

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 5:00am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,536 posts

Knight

When I listen to the Commodores, it just doesn't stick with me like EWF does. The Commodores do have that funky sound, but EWF is the funky sound. You just can't beat that.

My vote this round goes to Earth, Wind & Fire. The decision for me was elementary.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 3:54pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

I could dance to EWF all night, assuming that I had a plan to disco dance or roller boogie all night. Shining Star captures the groove of the era better than almost any other song out there. When I listen to it, I feel like it's 1975 again, and I wasn't even born yet in 1975.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 6:15pm

fries

fries

93 posts

hmm never heard of it but i watched one on youtube i prefer earth wind and fire

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 1:54pm

BravoTangoRomeo1993

BravoTangoRomeo1993

5 posts

ok, saw this post and was like "That's right up my alley!!". lol i grew up listening to 70's music with my father, so i know both groups very very well. but my vote goes to Earth, Wind, and Fire because,,, [clears throat] "After this pooooost is gone....wether i'm riiight or wrong, I wouldn't lead you on...my vote will stay the same...WHOA-OH-OH-OHH-OH-OH-OHHH!"

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 8:36am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,812 posts

Seems like Earth, Wind & Fire are killing The Commodores in this battle... clean sweep! (O.o)

@ fries : Really... that's as thin as a reasoning can get... so thin I have to exclude it from the count. Please put some effort when voting for the battles and write a little about your choice from now on, ok? Thanx! ;)

@ BravoTangoRomeo1993 : Now that's an original reasoning! You get a +1 for that! =)

So, it's time for another (final) score count and -at the same time- a notification that a new battle will soon be posted... ;)

11 - Earth, Wind & Fire - WINNER!
-VS-
0 - The Commodores

Next battle will be posted soon, I have to make the template first and discuss it with waluigi... hang on and check back! ;)

Posted Nov 14, '12 at 4:35pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,812 posts

On with the next battle it is then! And since the Disco era was well visited, we decided to extend this with one more battle from the same era! Meet "Disco Fever - Part II"! Here's two more big guns from the era where it was all about the moves on the groove! Get that afro on and those shoes swirling!! =)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8485/8186357520_c6252ae303_z_d.jpg

As always... here are some additional examples from each of the featured contestants to help those that can't decide which of the two to vote for :

# THE BEE GEES example videos :
~ Jive Talkin' - 1975
~ Nights On Broadway - 1975
~ You Should Be Dancing - 1976
~ How Deep Is Your Love - 1977
~ Staying Alive - 1977
~ Night Fever - 1978
~ Tragedy - 1979

# K.C. & THE SUNSHINE BAND example videos :
~ Get Down Tonight - 1975
~ That's The Way (I Like It) - 1975
~ Shake Your Booty - 1976
~ I'm Your Boogie Man - 1977
~ Keep It Coming Love - 1977
~ Come To My Island - 1979
~ Please Don't Go - 1979

You know where the dancefloor is... time to boogie on down there and score that vote party people! VOTE!!! =D

Posted Nov 14, '12 at 5:11pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

Songs like "Get Down Tonight" and "Shake Your Booty" are why I prefer KC to the BGs. Their music is simply more interesting. The melodies of their songs have more dance adrenaline than most Bee Gees songs.

Posted Nov 14, '12 at 10:19pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,762 posts

Knight

Staying Alive and You Should Be Dancing rocks (I mean discoed)!
Also don't forget More Than a Woman.
Bee Gees FTW!

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 11:36pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,972 posts

I've gotta go with Bee Gees. They're usually the first thing mentioned when the topic of disco comes up. Vocal talent like that is unmatched, other than perhaps by Brad Delp in More Than a Feeling (gives me chills). I'd rather get on the floor to Bee Gees than KC. I'd rather listen to You Should Be Dancing and Staying Alive than anything on the KC list.

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 8:57am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,853 posts

Knight

Bee Gees. No contest. First band I was really into, and will always be.

Disco Baby!

RIP Robin RIP Maurice

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Oasis -vs- Blur (Page 426)

You must be logged in to post a reply!