Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: The Specials -vs- Madness (Page 427)

Posted May 12, '12 at 8:22pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,549 posts

Knight

Definitely Michael Jackson. Madonna may be pretty hot, but that's about all she's ever had going for her. Michael was a child prodigy who grew up to be one of the greatest singers and dancers of our time, and although he had an untimely death, his records will surely live on forever.

Posted May 13, '12 at 1:02am

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

Oh god, this isn't even a fight. Michael Jackson all the way. He was much more of an icon than Madonna ever was, and he could dance incredibly.

Posted May 13, '12 at 4:42pm

Armpit

Armpit

655 posts

Although I'm not generally a fan of dance-pop or the like, you can't dislike MJ. He's one of those artists where his biggest hits were actually his best ones, like Billie Jean or Thriller. And you can't hate Beat It either. After all, Eddie Van Halen is on guitar.

Literally every single one of Madonna's songs sound exactly the same to me. And there is nothing redeeming about her voice. If she looked like Susan Boyle, she would have gotten nowhere in the musical world.

Posted May 13, '12 at 11:59pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Well, I am a HUGE disco fan, and if anyone kept the disco beat alive throughout the 80's, it was the great Michael Jackson!

No matter what country you go to these days, everyone knows who he is! And that makes sense, because he was a virtuoso and an insanely good dancer, and his music has made him the most well-known pop icon in history!

Queen of pop music

Now THAT surprises me! I never thought her songs were anything special, and I'm quite surprised anyone did at the time!

If she looked like Susan Boyle, she would have gotten nowhere in the musical world.

I imagine she was only famous because of MTV. If nobody had seen her, she would not have been quite so successful!

So anyway, I voted for Michael.

Posted May 14, '12 at 1:07am

DrElmer

DrElmer

451 posts

I can't say I would listen to either by choice, for I'm indifferent when it comes to pop music, but I can appreciate the music of Michael Jackson much more because it sounds like actual effort was put into his music.

Posted May 14, '12 at 3:38am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

Michael....do I really need to pipe it up for the King of Pop? Madonna still tries to eke out a sex kitten image when she's a middle age woman. Doesn't go down well....

Posted May 15, '12 at 8:52am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,992 posts

This battle deserves a fitting poster as it is a...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7214/7202741518_d1df81e870_z_d.jpg

On with the score roundup and... oh my... this battle is turning out to be the slaughtering of the 'Queen of POP' by the 'King of POP'! (o.O)

The dazzling score shows a HUGE advantage for the King :

7 - Michael Jackson 'King of POP'
-VS-
0 - Madonna 'Queen of POP'

Will Madonna strike back or is she at peace with her demise?!

You decide!!! Choose the King or Queen and VOTE!!! =D

Posted May 15, '12 at 9:16am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

Demise. She surely is.

Posted May 15, '12 at 6:43pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,992 posts

I actually feel a little sad seeing how this battle is progressing... surely, Madonna has taken it a bit too far when it comes to switching the numbers while trying to look 16, but come on... she HAS been an icon much as Michael has been throughout the history of POP music! Look at how long she has been active and is still (let's not forget) selling albums worldwide?! There aren't a lot of (living) music artists who can compete with that! Other than Michael maybe... =P

Posted May 19, '12 at 12:35am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Look at how long she has been active and is still (let's not forget) selling albums worldwide?!

Selling lots of records does not mean she's talented! She's just an early example of what most pop singers are today!

Reply to Battle of the Bands: The Specials -vs- Madness (Page 427)

You must be logged in to post a reply!