Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 2:19pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

At first, I thought I didn't know anything about K.C. & The Sunshine Band. When I clicked on the links, I realized that some of their songs were familiar to me. My knowledge of music is so good... What I like about this band is the horn section in their songs. It's great. Besides, the singer is always smiling in all of those videos... Never seen something like that before.

The first song by the Bee Gees that I listened to was "Staying alive". I was really surprised by that high-pitched falsetto. I thought a human being wasn't able to reach those notes. This is how I was slightly introduced to their music. It is, by far, much more appealing to me and it really makes me want to get up and dance. Besides, their harmonies are purely amazing.

So my vote goes to the Bee Gees.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 9:46am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,733 posts

This competition thread really isn't rendering the attention and post count it used to receive... sad to see it happens, but I can't help it... =/

On with a score count then? =)

4 - The Bee Gees
-VS-
1 - K.C. & The Sunshine Band

Seems like the Bee Gees are smashing away at K.C. here... anyone else willing to help him get closer to them again? Or maybe you want the Bee Gees to definitely make a gap between them and K.C. & the Sunshine Band!

It's up to you... boogie on down here and state your vote! =D

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 10:09pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

Bee Gees.

so you have time for this thread but not CRBWC?

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 10:12pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

This battle is as good as over. How can you fight with the Disco Kings?

Kinda second this, but, take yer time mate.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 2:15pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

C'mon, give him a little time...

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 3:40pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

I'm gonna have to go with the Bee Gees for this. Its hard to match the singing of those guys; it just puts them above the rest. Plus, the fact that they were able to make they're own version of Sgt. Peppers for the movie...

So, the Bee Gees get my vote.

Seeing as DayCee updated yesterday, I find it unnecessary to update now. Figures that the other mod shows up and doesn't have anything to do :D.

You have to keep in mind that the CRBWC takes awhile to set up. You have to figure out brackets and who takes on who to make a competitive battle. This, you take suggestions, post the battle, have a mod change the title, and you're on your way.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 8:57pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,359 posts

The Bee Gees.

In my opinion both bands SUCK as i'm not into retro disco... Or for that matter disco at all -_- But with Staying Alive The Bee Gees have won my vote. At least one of the songs is good. I'm more into retro rock lol ^^

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:25pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Oh jeez...I forgot about this. Its been too long since our last update. And seeing the amount of votes that have come in, I'd say a new battle is due. I'll have it up in the next few days, but man, I let this battle drag out way too long.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 6:53pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Time to end this battle: Final score:

5 - The Bee Gees
-VS-
1 - K.C. & The Sunshine Band

@idigit: you need reasoning for your vote to count.

now for a battle of country legends:

Johnny Cash vs. Waylon Jennings

Johnny Cash:
Folsom Prison Blues
Ring Of Fire
Walk The Line

Waylon Jennings:
Mental Revenge
Luckenback, Texas
Mommas Don't Let Their Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys

Let the battle begin!

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 10:00am

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

I hate to point out that these are singers, not bands. That being said I'll have to vote for Cash. To me some of his songs are just legendary. And even his covers (see "Hurt" - originally a NIN tune) are epic!

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!