Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Nov 29, '11 at 9:24am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,395 posts

Seems like my bet is surely going to pay off here... heheh...heehhh... =P

Come on you guys! Proove me wrong and help Alice in Chains a bit! =)

Wait... am I trying to get myself to loose my own bet here?!
*chinrubs*
Why ahm...
*scratches head*
Oh, wel...

Whatever, loosing makes you stronger (or somethin' like that)... let's just keep them votes coming in!!! =D

Posted Dec 5, '11 at 7:27pm

electricjellyfish666

electricjellyfish666

1 post

Aerosmith all the way!
they have better albums and songs

Posted Dec 6, '11 at 10:04pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Aerosmith all the way!
they have better albums and songs

Really?

Anyways, I leave this battle up for another day, and then I plan on changing it. Again, suggestions are always welcome. Current score is:
Nirvana: 7
AiC: 4

Posted Dec 6, '11 at 11:03pm

katchka

katchka

16 posts

Nirvana is better than AiC

Posted Dec 7, '11 at 10:51pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

And now this battle comes to and end. Far too much time in this thread, it did spend. And now a showing of the final score
Nirvana's 7 to AiC's 4

A new battle of bands, for your vote to cast. Here to make sure this battle shall last. More grunge, down your throat, shall be rammed. For out next battle is:

Soundgarden
vs.
Pearl Jam.

*section should be read in voice of Zecora from MLP.

Soundgarden:
Black Hole Sun
Spoonman
Rusty Cage

Pearl Jam:
Alive
Just Breathe
Jeremy

Let the Battle begin!

And sorry for the rhyming if you didn't like it. I just felt I needed to do that. Also, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease give me your suggestions for battles.

Posted Dec 8, '11 at 10:11am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,395 posts

NEW BATTLE!!! YAY! =D

I think my vote is pretty easy here: Pearl Jam! I really like the 2 most known songs by Soundgarden, Black Hole Sun and Spoonman, but the rest of their legacy (can it be called that?) is nothing that can please me, sorry...
As for Pearl Jam, they're a band that has been in my life ever since my highschool days, with a peaking point being a concert I visited last year, that was simply AWESOME! Best part was Eddie sneaking off of the stage to smoke a joint and enjoy a glass of wine! We were seated at the side of the podium and no one except for us could see him at the side of the podium and he was having a ball there! Easy but EPIC stuff to remember... =D

P.S.: and I don't mind you rhyming it off there waluigi! I actually enjoyed reading it, good stuff! =)
P.P.S.: I'll brainstorm over some new battle suggestions for you, ok? That seems only fair given the fact that I'm a former active-now standby BotB-mod! ;)

Posted Dec 12, '11 at 11:40am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Easily a vote for Soundgarden for me.  I can't stand Eddie Veder or his vocals.  Where as I really like Chris Cornell's vocals.  He made Audioslave what it was, which was really where I picked up on him.  The music itself is immaterial to me in this battle because I just can't get pass how much I dislike Veder.

Posted Dec 12, '11 at 11:43am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,069 posts

Knight

I'm going to listen to more of both before making a decision for this one...

Posted Dec 12, '11 at 1:16pm

ThroatLozenge

ThroatLozenge

148 posts

I own albums by both. Pearl Jam doesn't have a single one that stands out in my head.

But Superunknown by Soundgarden is a really quality album that I can always listen to even if I don't like a lot of the bands other work.

I vote Soundgarden.

Posted Dec 12, '11 at 3:56pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

as much as i love soundgarden, pearl jam gets my vote.

eddie vedder is one of my heros, his lyrics inspire me daily. not to mention how much influence they had on the 90's on of my all time favorite bands

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!