Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 10:17pm

Fyrefox

Fyrefox

1,738 posts

neither ha i hete both bands

That was completely unnecessary... Why waste a post?

Back on topic, I'm going to have to go with, The Rolling Stones. I personally prefer their style over, The Beatles.

I like the edginess of some Rolling Stones songs and really never got into the Beatles... I just didn't like their lyrics, but the music was written well.

John Lennon was a great musician though and was definitely one of my idols when I first started learning how to play guitar.

I've listened to both and know quite a bit about each, but my vote goes to...

The Rolling Stones

This was a great match-up.

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 7:31am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,765 posts

Sorry, forgot to check with waluigi and that;s why I missed out on posting the battle with it's poster here... better late than never! Here it is:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8462/8054194770_ae82cec4fd_b_d.jpg

And the first score roundup shows a surprising lead for the Stones! I'm amazed!

2 - THE BEATLES
-VS-
3 - THE ROLLING STONES

Let's see if this battle can stay as close as it is now! This should be interesting! =D

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 9:57am

fries

fries

93 posts

i really hate both bands dont judge me

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 5:25pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

The Rolling Stones because they're were a bit edgier. The Beatles were unquestionably influential, but ultimately made fairly mediocre pop and psychedelia from a retrospective.

I don't understand. You said "retrosepctive," which really threw your entire point off in a random spiraling direction. In retrospective, The Beatles made incredible pop and psychedelia through use of African beats as a result of African Diaspora. It was nothing people have never heard before, and it was inspired by African music being spread throughout the world from the idea of slaves ending. It was a first, and therefore, started everything. If something begins a completely new genre of popular accepted music (accepted as good music, I mind you), you can't call it mediocre.

The Stones, because they had a better rock sound and didn't feel that they had to appeal to everybody. I always felt that they were more rebellious than the Beatles ever were.

Ironically, before George Martin gave The Beatles their big break, John Lennon had lead the band into a type of sound that was unbelievably rebellious. They sang of anything you can think of, from drugs to alcohol, to sex and tons of censored words. Of course, they were forced to "sell-out" quite a bit after they decided to make some real money.

i really hate both bands dont judge me

What's not to like? I, like many other people, think they're incredible bands.

Posted Oct 14, '12 at 5:15am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,083 posts

Knight

The Beatles. Besides everything that Salvidian said, I'd like to add.. both were great bands, but of both, the sound of The Rolling Stones doesn't stick to me like the one of The Beatles does. I really like some of the Stones' songs, but I like pretty much everything coming from the Beatles.

Posted Oct 19, '12 at 7:00pm

hersheykissxoxo

hersheykissxoxo

6 posts

[b]I like the Beatles (:

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 5:43pm

BravoTangoRomeo1993

BravoTangoRomeo1993

5 posts

i say Beatles hands down! "Gimme Shelter" V.S. "Sergeant Peppers (and The Lonely Hearts Club Band)" (the most popular songs by both bands where i come from) no doubt beatles win!

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 5:51pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

Of course, they were forced to "sell-out" quite a bit after they decided to make some real money.

Which band sold out and which band kept their rebellious sound? This is why I voted for the Stones.

That was two weeks ago. Why is this battle still going on?

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 9:39pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Which band sold out and which band kept their rebellious sound? This is why I voted for the Stones.

They were forced to. They were living in the back of a bar in a little 1 room aprtment. All 4 of them. They didn't shower, wash their clothes, and were living off of tips.

What would you have done?

Posted Oct 21, '12 at 4:45pm

fries

fries

93 posts

i dont know these bands at all but but i listened to both of them they both really suck so i guess rolling stones

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!