Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: The Specials -vs- Madness (Page 427)

Posted Apr 1, '12 at 10:21pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Please? Somebody? Vote? I have a feeling I may need to change the battle if more votes don't come in soon. These adbots aren't helping the cause, but at least a stickied thread doesn't have to worry about that. Stand-by for possible battle change.

Posted Apr 2, '12 at 3:53pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

I decided to leave the score count alone for a while seeing as only one new vote has been entered and the battle seems somewhat over and done... maybe it IS a good thing to change the battle waluigi! ;)

So far, Wolfmother seems to have a little lead over QotSA though...

Current (and maybe/probably final) score count shows us :

CURRENT 'BotB' Battle Score :

4 - Wolfmother
-vs.-
1 - Queens of the Stone Age

We'll await and see what waluigi decides to do... *drumroll* =D

Posted Apr 2, '12 at 11:23pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

That battle was rather bust. Final score is

Wolfmother: 4
Queens of the Stone Age: 1

Alright then. Hopefully this new battle goes better than the previous one did. Our new battle is...

Fleetwood Mac Vs. Georgia Satellites

Fleetwood Mac:
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Landslide

Georgia Satellites:
Keep Your Hands To Yourself
Battleship Chains
Railroad Steel

Let the battle begin

Suggestions are gladly appreciated. If you have one, put it on Mrdaycee's or my profile

Posted Apr 4, '12 at 5:45pm

XxLBJames23xX

XxLBJames23xX

714 posts

This isn't really going to relate to this thread but I just want to thank MrDayCee and waluigi for keeping this alive. And thank you to all of you voters out there sharing your love for music. Im grateful and proud!

-LBJ

Posted Apr 5, '12 at 1:21am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

lol, this battle is my "fault"..  wasn't really intended for this thread..  was geared more for suggestions for DayCee's next Classic Rock World Cup..

But, let's roll wit it...

My vote is Fleetwood Mac.

They have a larger, better in every way, library than the Satellites do.  Lindsey Buckingham plays an awesome guitar.  Stevie Nicks vocals I can actually take or leave.  Christine Perfect's (a.k.a. Christie McVie) vocals however just tickle my ears in everyway they should.  Mick Fleetwood is just a fun guy to watch on the drums.

So to reiterate... my vote - Fleetwood Mac.

p.s. - I have 2 other battle suggestions that were way better than this one, lol.  Like I said, these groups weren't intended for a battle, but more for alternate groups in a different thread..

Posted Apr 6, '12 at 3:41pm

Tularius638

Tularius638

8 posts

My vote's gonna have to go to Fleetwood Mac on this one. I'll admit I'm not intimately familiar with either band, but Go Your Own Way is just such an anthem.

Posted Apr 14, '12 at 12:35am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Really?  Still just 2 votes?!?  What a sad state for this once glorious thread.  I don't quite understand it, just come here, voice an opinion and be on your way... that's what all the threads are basically, so why does this one get no action anymore?

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 9:52pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Probably the bands. Like you said, not necessarily the greatest of battles ever...

Anyways, Come on people! vote!!!

Posted Apr 17, '12 at 6:14pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

I'll throw in my two cents worth and state a personal vote to try and liven up the place a little! =P

I completely understand why these two bands don't really relate to eachother in terms of sub-genre in Rock... but I decided to try and have them battle inside my head and every round, over and over, one band kept winning it and so my vote goes to Fleetwood Mac!!

Even though Georgia Satellites have theirselves some excellent feelgood southern country rock, that simply makes you want to grab that hat and rush out the door to go and have fun at a barn dance this instant... they just can't top the fabulous style of Fleetwood Mac!
If your talking about the early stages of the band, when they were still called "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac", and they had a great mixture from rock songs like the mindblowing tempo-switcher "Oh Well" (personal favorite) to the worldwide known "Black Magic Woman" (yes, that song is NOT a Santana original!) and then move on to the later stages, where Green left the band, and they decided to set a course to create their own -more mellow pop- sound, which they have followed ever since... just listen to the awesome smoothness of "Little Lies" and the sweet 'swept away on a rainy day' -feeling of "Sara" (goose bumps allover!!)... and let's not forget the '**** Turpin' mixed with modern day -styled video for "Everywhere" of course! You just can't deny the sheer magnitude of this World Class band! And if you do deny this, then... well, that's your loss! =)

So, to make a first score count on the current battle, including my personal vote, we see:

Current 'Battle of the Bands' round :

3 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
0 - Georgia Satellites

Now let's get this show on the road people! For real this time! I'm serious!!! (o.O)

So, grab that computer and hammer those reasoned votes in here! Decide the faith of these bands and who's going to be declared the winner of this 'BotB' round!!

Decide! VOTE!!!

Posted Apr 22, '12 at 10:25pm

Tsquared

Tsquared

21 posts

You can all Go Your Own Way but I gotta go with Fleetwood Mac because I got Big Love for Linsdey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Also, it doesn't hurt that I was brought up listening to them. Just to reiterate my vote goes to Fleetwood Mac.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: The Specials -vs- Madness (Page 427)

You must be logged in to post a reply!