Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: The Specials -vs- Madness (Page 427)

Posted Apr 25, '12 at 11:34pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

I had never heard of the Georgia Satellites before, but I just listened to "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" and that's enough for me to cast my vote for them! I've never liked Fleetwood Mac all that much, so it wasn't really a hard decision for me!

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 7:20am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,088 posts

Oh my... oh my... it's been over a week since the last score round up and only two votes in?!?! (o.O)

I'll count them, even though your reasonings are pretty thin guys... I hope to see better in the future! =/

Second (and probably last) score count for this battle show us :

Current 'Battle of the Bands' round :

4 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
1 - Georgia Satellites

I'll be checking in with waluigi and debate on what battle is to be posted next, because this battle seems to have died pretty much!

So, stay tuned and check in soon for the new battle to arrive in the 'Battle of the Bands'!!! =D

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 3:57pm

Armpit

Armpit

655 posts

The Georgia Satellites are a severely underrated band in my opinion. Good old classic American southern rock sometimes can't be beat, and the Georgia Satellites could pull off that sound like no one else in the 80's could.

Fleetwood Mac isn't all that bad, but they aren't anything special either. I'm indifferent when it comes to their existence. It wouldn't matter to me if they were to just disappear forever.

I'm voting for the Georgia Satellites.

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 5:05pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I had never heard of the Georgia Satellites before, but I just listened to "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" and that's enough for me to cast my vote for them!

That song is a one-hit wonder, and it's better than anything Fleetwood Mac ever did.

It's a bit of an unfair battle, though, since the Georgia Satellites are fairly unknown in this day and age. You almost never hear them or about them anymore, whereas Fleetwood Mac plays on the radio fairly often and is pretty widely-known even among the non-musical community.

I'm also jealous of Dan Baird's teeth.

Good old classic American southern rock sometimes can't be beat, and the Georgia Satellites could pull off that sound like no one else in the 80's could.

It's bands like the Satellites that make me proud to live in this country, and sometimes even make me wish I lived in the Deep South. There's just nothing fun or natural about Fleetwood Mac, and that is why my vote this round goes to the good ol' boys known as the Georgia Satellites.

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 9:56pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Daycee is right, I'll be changing the battle soon. Most likely on Saturday, since I'm not going to be on tomorrow. But with more votes, might as well update the score:

4 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
3 - Georgia Satellites
________________________________________________ (I like this score format, Daycee ;)    )

Posted Apr 26, '12 at 9:58pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Daycee is right, I'll be changing the battle soon. Most likely on Saturday, since I'm not going to be on tomorrow. But with more votes, might as well update the score:

4 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
3 - Georgia Satellites
________________________________________________ (I like this score format, Daycee ;)    )

Posted Apr 29, '12 at 11:02pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Update time! That battle was very much a bust, so lets wrap it up. ________________________________________________

4 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
3 - Georgia Satellites

Alright then. Our new battle is:

Cat Stevens vs. Jackson Browne

Cat Stevens:
Wild World
Where Do The Children Play
Miles From Nowhere

Jackson Browne:
Running On Empty
Tender Is The Night (Audio/ visual is off)
Boulevard

Let the battle being.

Also, I'm sure Ilberic is tired of being the only person suggesting battles. If you have a battle, please put your suggestion on either mine or Mrdaycee's profile.

Posted May 1, '12 at 10:56am

Dombro

Dombro

6 posts

Jackson Browne

Posted May 3, '12 at 9:27pm

KhaoticSniper

KhaoticSniper

199 posts

Jackson Browne FTW

Posted May 3, '12 at 11:12pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

I thought it was implied, but reasoning is needed with your votes. Please add reasoning for your votes to count you two.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: The Specials -vs- Madness (Page 427)

You must be logged in to post a reply!