Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Jul 28, '12 at 12:33pm

KrissKhan

KrissKhan

257 posts

TOTO of course D:

Those guys have influenced so much the music. On the album Killer of Micheal Jackson, they are the musicians for the most part ;)

Posted Jul 31, '12 at 5:54am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,041 posts

Knight

I'll give my vote to Toto too :P

Their style touches me more than the one of Foreigner, and the song Rosanna is so nice! Apart from that there's not much to say, both are nice, but I prefer Toto.

Posted Jul 31, '12 at 7:33pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Foreigner has a wide variety of great stuff. The songs linked to in the battle aren't enough to convey that; somehow Juke Box Hero, Feels Like the First Time and Waiting For a Girl Like You got left out of the selection. Even with the diversity that can be heard throughout their various songs, they still manage to keep a distinctive and unmistakable sound.

Toto has Africa. Other than that, I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to their work.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 5:47am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,627 posts

Even though the activity in this thread is to cry over... it's still a nice close call for the score count thus far! It seems like both bands are matching adversaries and right now, it's Toto who has the lead by one point!

3 - TOTO
-VS-
2 - FOREIGNER

Let's see how long they can hold up that small lead over Foreigner! Get those votes in people! Make this an exciting battle and state those favorite bands!!!

WE NEED VOTERS!!! =D

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 5:09am

DrElmer

DrElmer

450 posts

Change the battle up to 4-3 because there's no way I can choose between the two, so I'm voting for both bands so they're both closer to winning. If that's not allowed then forget I was even here this round.

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 12:11pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Foreigner, no doubt. Their music is what defines the classic rock genre. It combines all of the traits.

Wish I could say more, but there's really not much to add.

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 1:01am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Their music is what defines the classic rock genre.

Foreigner does have the classic rock sound, and they stuck with it! Toto is a good band but it sounds like they could never decide on a sound of their own, so their music is a bit scattered all over the place... or so it sounds to me anyway!

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 10:55pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

THE OTHER MOD SPEAKS

Alright, time to cast my vote. I'm going to vote for Foreigner. I admit I'm far more familiar with Foreigner, but after listening to samples of Toto, I have to say that Foreigner just has a harder sound than Toto. Also, I think Toto embraced the 80's far, far more than Foreigner did. I may still check out more Toto in the future, but Foreigner gets my vote.

Also, Urgent is best song by Foreigner.

Score is now

3 - TOTO
-VS-
4 - FOREIGNER

As Daycee has said before, We need more votes. Keep 'em comin'

If you think you got a better battle than what we have going right now, feel free to suggest it on either Daycee's or my profile.

Posted Aug 11, '12 at 4:35pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

I suppose a battle change should come soon. I didn't realize we let it run this long. I'll have a new one up within the next 1-3 days.

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 11:46am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

foreigner!  woohoo!

change the score to 5-3.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!