Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Mar 13, '14 at 10:36pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Surely one of these boybands must make you shiver a little bit less than the other?

Posted Mar 13, '14 at 11:59pm

daleks

daleks

3,315 posts

Uhhh well I only know 1 song by each. I have to go with Backstreet Boys. I want It That Way is better than Bye Bye Bye to me.

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 11:02am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,802 posts

No, sorry, both grant me the same shiver, never listen to them, all of these Boy-bands are mixed up for me... and i defenetly dont want to listen to their "music" yet, that would ruin my day. ;)

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 6:23pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,764 posts

It's one tough cookie you served here Ernie... =/

I like both of the contestants very much, as they are (for me personally) the 2 best boy bands ever 'created' during the period of this dream era of every teenage girl on the planet. But hey, I like them too and so do a lot of dudes out there! Never disregard good music when you hear it! ;)

So, in order to try and make a decision for the winner, I listened to all songs you linked and started comparing in order to declare a winner...

1) Being able to sing along with the songs: BsB - 1  /  'N-Sync - 1
2) The likeability of all songs (catchy lyrics/easy to listen to): BsB - 1  /  'N-Sync - 1
3) Flashy fun-to-watch videos (each in their own style): BsB - 1  /  'N-Sync - 1
4) Excessive usage of the hi-hat in the drum sequence: BsB - 1  /  'N-Sync - 1
5) Screaming factor during concerts (measured in %): BsB - 100%  /  'N-Sync - 100%
6) ... uhhh...

Conclusion, I would have to rate as follows: Backstreet Boys - 1  /  'N-Sync - 1
Sorry! Can't decide... =)

Posted Mar 16, '14 at 4:02pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,385 posts

N-Sync just because Justin Timberlake, but I don't really like boy bands all that much. (Unless it's k-pop)

Posted Mar 20, '14 at 7:10pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

Backstreet Boys, solely because of the song Larger Than Life. I don't listen to any other song by either artist, but Larger Than Life is one of my favorite songs, and I sing it all the time.

Posted Mar 20, '14 at 7:25pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I would call the battle now, but...

'N-Sync - 5
Backstreet Boys - 5

I'm afraid, in the event of a tie, I have no choice but to let this battle smolder on until one more person votes.

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 12:54pm

09philj

09philj

1,235 posts

I detest and hate all manufactured pop. Alt rock forever!

Posted Mar 29, '14 at 9:06pm

MrAutomatic

MrAutomatic

280 posts

When I was 15, the song I listened to most was I Want it That Way.

I've always secretly loved this song, though my friends would have roasted me over a fire if they ever found out. I was much younger than 15 when it came out, but it has always been a guilty pleasure of mine even at the young age of 7. I never much cared for NSYNC, though, so the Boys win it for me.

Posted Mar 30, '14 at 3:59am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

The deciding vote. Finally. That puts us at a final score of:

Backstreet Boys - 6
'N-Sync - 5

This battle would have been incomplete without the one deciding vote, but now I've decided to make the call and start a new battle.

But I'm going to take a risk and genre-jump all the way to folk.

Bob Dylan

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/D/Bob-Dylan-9283052-1-402.jpg

Like a Rolling Stone
The Times They Are A Changin'
Blowing in the Wind
Mr Tambourine Man
It Ain't Me Babe

vs.

Peter, Paul, and Mary

http://biodesignoutforawalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Peter_Paul_and_Mary.jpg

If I Had a Hammer
Puff the Magic Dragon
Blowing in the Wind
Leaving on a Jet Plane
Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

Where have all the votes gone? The battle, it is a changin'.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!