Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Apr 6, '14 at 6:35am

DrElmer

DrElmer

450 posts

Bob seems like he has more going on up in that noodle than the other three combined. The others sure can sing, no doubt about that, but I don't get the impression they think too deeply about what they sing about. If they do, they don't show it too well. I vote Bob, even though he has one of the worst singing voices I have ever heard.

Posted Apr 7, '14 at 10:34pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

This is starting to look like a landslide victory.

Bob Dylan - 8
Peter, Paul and Mary - 2

I'll leave this up for a couple more days, but only because I have no new battle ideas today. Suggestions, anyone?

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 3:47am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

How about Aerosmith vs Ac/dc?

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 12:37pm

09philj

09philj

1,237 posts

Foo Fighters Vs ???

Queens of the Stone Age Vs ???

Sex Pistols VS ???

I can think of many bands, but no good opponents...

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 1:20pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,802 posts

Sex Pistols VS ???

Dead Kennedys

Foo Fighters Vs ???

Faith No More

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 6:11pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,802 posts

Hmmm... forget my suggestinos, after a few thougts in it i think the winners are a foregone conclusion.

Dont know how many users know Dead Kennedys, surely Sex Pistols are more common, so, per default, its more likely the Sex Pistols will win.
Same on Faith No More, Foo Fighters are surely more common.

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 8:24pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,445 posts

What about Linkin Park vs. Three Days Grace?

Posted Apr 13, '14 at 3:02am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Haven't seen a landslide victory in a while. Good to see there are enough people voting in this thread to make one happen. Peter, Paul and Mary might not agree with me, however.

Bob Dylan - 8
Peter, Paul and Mary - 2

By the suggestion of @CherryCoke360, we will be venturing back to rock with the next battle.

Aerosmith

http://assets-s3.rollingstone.com/assets/images/artists/304x304/aerosmith.jpg

Walk This Way
Dream On
Dude (Looks Like a Lady)
Sweet Emotion
I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

vs.

AC/DC

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0003/090/MI0003090436.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

TNT
Back in Black
Highway to Hell
You Shook Me All Night Long
Hells Bells

Ding ding.

Posted Apr 13, '14 at 8:53am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,802 posts

Both had and still have a great influence, inspire/influenced many other bands... ill shorten it up, must break it down to a total personal view.
Ner was a fan of aerosmith, and AC/DC... well, specially their older material is great, so my vote goes to --> AC/DC.

Posted Apr 13, '14 at 11:44am

09philj

09philj

1,237 posts

Influential, popular bands, but I just don't have time for them. They have some good riffs, which never turn into good, full, melodies, and the vocals are just hideous. On balance, I think AC/DC is slightly less bad.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!