Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 7:38am

09philj

09philj

1,883 posts

This has run for a long time, and I think it may be time for a new one.

Pixies - 3
Nirvana - 4
Grunge wins out over Alt-Rock

Heading closer to the present from the last battle, the end of Grunge spawned many new musical styles. Two bands formed in this time are:

Queens of the Stone Age
http://media.utsandiego.com/img/photos/2013/06/03/049e45b0-cb92-4055-b7b0-a25cc8e5759enews.ap.org_r620x349.jpg?75d51d0aea2efce5189afce216053cbc530c46a8
No-one Knows
My God is the Sun
Little Sister
The lost art of keeping a Secret
3's & 7's

Foo Fighters
http://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/screen-shot-2014-05-15-at-10-36-12-am.png?w=807
Everlong
Learn to Fly
Times like these
Best of you
Long road to Ruin

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 8:33am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

6,841 posts

All in me screaming: Foo Fighters^^

I was never a fan af thr Queens, but i see their influence and their musical skills, but they never reached the Foo Fighters in any point.
Better songs/songwriting (melodic & harmony-wise), influence: Foo Fighters
Performance (studio & live): Foo Fighters

Its equal wihch point you choose, the Foo Fighters beat the Queens in any of them... and i like FF, so my vote is clear:

Foo Fighters

Posted Jul 7, '14 at 4:14pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

Listen to Songs for the Deaf by QotSA
/thread

Posted Jul 8, '14 at 3:35am

Arm_Candy

Arm_Candy

173 posts

I like the Queens better. More upbeat and fun to listen to.

Posted Jul 8, '14 at 3:59am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

It's true that both bands have their good qualities, but I will give the Queens of the Stone Age my vote because I really like their guitar sound and what they do with it! It reminds me of a more twisted, modern version of the Kinks' sound! =)

Posted Jul 8, '14 at 7:13pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

The Foo Fighters are a band I've listened to very infrequently since they came out, but I like "Times Like These" and "Best Of You" and they've been on various playlists of mine for years, so that's the band I vote for. Never got into QotSA.

Posted Jul 8, '14 at 9:12pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

From Kyuss rose Queens.

From Nirvana rose Foos.

I could never choose.

Posted Jul 9, '14 at 5:57pm

sonicfan101

sonicfan101

4 posts

For me its Foo Fighters because I always loved listening to Everlong. I like Queens Of The Stone Age because they are very upbeat. But for me its Foo Fighters

Posted Jul 10, '14 at 5:32am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,419 posts

Knight

I have always (sort of) liked the Queens of the Stone Age (a little bit) because they have a tinge of classic rock in their sound. "No One Knows" and "Little Sister" are some good examples (I never bothered to keep track of the names of their songs when they were popular).

There isn't much about the Foo Fighters I like, but that's more because of the genres they fall under than just the band itself. I have very little interest in alternative rock to begin with, but I particularly dislike grunge, and there's a noticeable influence of that in the Foo Fighters' music.

Posted Jul 11, '14 at 1:24pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

The Foos had some grunge influence in their first album (but it was also largely a punk album!), and a song here or there in their second. That's really 'bout it. The main reason why the first was so grungy is because it was 95 and that's what everyone played, and also because Dave wrote all of the music on it.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!