Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Jul 11, '14 at 1:30pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I'd like to add that the good majority of their singles (90% or so) have little to no grunge influence. They have pretty much followed trends and have put out pretty standard fair rock. Sooooo yeah.

Posted Jul 11, '14 at 3:34pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,033 posts

Knight

I never listened much to Foo Fighters.. they are not really the most famous band around here. But they don't seem to captivate me, really.

Queens of the Stone Age however do, even though they needed some getting used to. But I really like some of their songs, the album Songs for the Deaf is a great CD! So they get my vote.

Posted Jul 14, '14 at 12:46am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Queens destroyed the Foos so I think this can be updated.

Posted Jul 17, '14 at 2:52am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I'd like to add that the good majority of their singles (90% or so) have little to no grunge influence.

You'll have to provide me with some links. I'm not an expert in the field of rock, especially after 1990, so I may be confusing grunge with one of the other depressing rock variants that stemmed from that general era.

Posted Jul 17, '14 at 12:52pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

All of the Foos' songs.

When you consider that their first album wasn't released until '95, there really wasn't much room for grunge in the first place.

Posted Jul 19, '14 at 6:58pm

09philj

09philj

1,151 posts

Queens of The Stone Age win 5 votes to 3.

Britpop was a style of music prevalent in the UK in the 1990s, inspired by Guitar Pop of the 60s and 70s, and part of the culture known as Cool Britannia. It is, essentially, the Alt-Rock anti-grunge. The style was epitomised by the chart rivalry of two bands:

Oasis

http://www.clashmusic.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_feature/public/legacy/files/images/Oasis.jpg.jpg

Don't Look Back in Anger
Wonderwall
She's Electric
Shakermaker
Rock n Roll Star

VS

Blur

http://quietus_production.s3.amazonaws.com/images/articles/8056/blur_old_1329915788_crop_550x400.jpg

Girls and Boys
Parklife
Song 2
End of a Century
Tracy Jacks

Now that you have kindly indulged my love of Alt-Rock, I'd like your suggestions for the next battle. I was considering maybe some Motown?

Posted Jul 19, '14 at 9:28pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,458 posts

Never was a fan of both of 'em, maybe Oasis would never be that famous without these Gallagher brothers... so i`ll vote for:

Blur

*title change thingy*

Posted Jul 21, '14 at 3:02pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Also never was a big fan of either, but I find Blur to have more catchy hooks (from the songs you listed anyway).

Posted Jul 21, '14 at 7:30pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

In the 90's, I would have said Oasis because it's closer to what I was into back then, but today, I vote for Blur because they sound like a more fun band.

Posted Jul 22, '14 at 5:14am

DrElmer

DrElmer

450 posts

Both are alright bands. I grew up in Britain in the 90s so I heard them more than I would have liked to. I always liked Oasis more between the two of them. Reminded me of The Beatles a bit.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!