Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 12:00pm

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

This is easily Phil Collins for me.  His songs for Genesis are better and his solo stuff is way better than Gabriels.  The best thing that ever happened to Phil Collins was Peter Gabriel leaving Genesis.

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 4:05pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

youre killing me here. i find gabriel deffinately the better singer for sure, but phil is the better song writer. ill have to vote for peter though cause sometimes phil annoys me

Posted Oct 23, '11 at 3:02pm

ianhq

ianhq

134 posts

Oh my god it is phil collins "In the air tonight was the best song ever until bat country came out.

Posted Oct 24, '11 at 6:50pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

"In the air tonight was the best song ever

It's funny you should bring that song up. I just discovered it yesterday on the radio, and I was sure it was Peter Gabriel. It was only when I searched for it that I found out that it was a Phil Collins song.

I would have downloaded it either way.

Anyway, although I'm a huge fan of both of them, I'm going to have to go with Phil on this one. He has such a calming quality about him, and he simply has released more great songs. I also preferred Genesis when he was the lead singer (the voice wasn't too different but the songs were generally better).

Posted Oct 29, '11 at 9:03am

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Sorry for not updating this earlier. I forgot about it. It doesn't look like I missed many votes though.

current score:
Phil Collins: 3
Peter Gabriel: 1

Please put suggestions on my profile. When I have to come up with ideas, the battles generally suck.

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 5:22pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

I now plan on changing the battle tonight after this was pretty much a failure. However, I'll cast my vote before the battle is closed. I choose Phil Collins, as I like his voice better and seems to have a bit of a calming quality to it. Plus, the gorilla phil commercial.

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 10:11pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Alright, that battle was rather a dud. Final score:

Peter Gabriel: 1
Phil Collins: 4

And now for a new battle. A battle of grunge.

Nirvana vs. Alice in Chains.

Nirvana:
Lithium
In Bloom
Come As You Are

Alice in Chains:
Would?
Rooster
No Excuses

Let the battle begin.
Think you got a battle then the one I posted? Suggest it on my profile!

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 11:55pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Aughhh.... that's the last time I suggest a battle...

Nirvana vs. Alice in Chains.

Despite the fact that I'm almost entirely certain that this battle has been done before, I couldn't find it using the AG forum search and therefore I have no evidence to back it up.

Posted Nov 10, '11 at 2:22am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

I'll take Nirvana.  I like Cobain's voice better and I like their music a lot more.  I just never got into anything by Alice in Chains..

I just wonder sometimes where they would have taken music and themselves had Cobain not died when he did.

Posted Nov 11, '11 at 3:24pm

kurtcobain1994

kurtcobain1994

42 posts

Nirvana Because there music is much better than alice and chains also cobain is a legend

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!