Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Jan 27, '12 at 11:25pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Oh wait...didn't really make it clear. :|

Rammstein!

Posted Jan 28, '12 at 10:59am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

My wife would kill me if i don't vote for Rammstein in this one.  Not that I was going to vote any different anyway.  I think my favorite song by them is Engel... just love the western whistle in that song.  She has a few DVD's of them and they put on a pretty cool show.

Nichodemus... My alarm clock is set to Adios by Rammstein..  gives my wife a heart attack every time I use it, lol.

Rammstein is my vote.

Posted Jan 28, '12 at 11:03am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Doesn't your wife like Rammstein? So why would she be surprised?

I love Engel as well! And Link 2 3 4, Sonne, Zwitter. I can't overstate how unique Lindemann's gratingly harsh metallic voice is.

Posted Jan 28, '12 at 3:00pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I vote for Rammstein. I don't know if it's a valid reason to vote for a group, but Du Hast was the first song I ever downloaded on iTunes. Before I realized it was a scam to pay for music.

Posted Jan 28, '12 at 11:02pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Hey it isn't a scam, it's just a more legitimate albeit expensive way of supporting your favourite bands...

Posted Jan 28, '12 at 11:56pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Hey it isn't a scam, it's just a more legitimate albeit expensive way of supporting your favourite bands...

More like supporting the record companies the bands are signed to.

Posted Jan 28, '12 at 11:57pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Which if there weren't any, won't give bands the start-up attention needed, or the capacity to expand....

Posted Jan 29, '12 at 12:42am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Doesn't your wife like Rammstein? So why would she be surprised?

She loves them, which is why she would kill me if i didn't vote for them...  not sure where the confusion is there actually.  But she knows that I like them as well.

Unless you're talking about my alarm clock..  If you listen to Adios, waking up to that song is akin to having someone come in the room screaming at the top of their lungs to wake you out of a dead sleep....  which is why i love using it as my alarm clock..  cause it works, lol.

Posted Jan 29, '12 at 1:41am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

it's just a more legitimate albeit expensive way of supporting your favourite bands...

So then the only people who can listen to and download a wide variety of music are the people with extra money to spare? That's capitalism if I ever saw it.

Posted Jan 29, '12 at 3:43am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

And what's so bad about capitalism? It's hypocritical of me, but downloading music for free is downloading someone's hard work for jack squat. In a free market yes, resources are allocated to those who can pay the highest for them.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!