Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Dec 24, '13 at 1:23pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,431 posts

Elton, Rocket Man is a good song.

Posted Dec 31, '13 at 10:23pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Whoa-boy. I forgot about the site for awhile, due to college happening. I didn't realize that the thread died when I left. Holy...I'm super sorry about that. Wow.

As for my vote, I cast it for Elton John. While both artists have a certain strangeness about them, Elton seems to be the more likable of the two, with a more openness about him. Plus, his live shows are amazing, both audibly and visually; for me, just listing to the live album Here and There gives a sense of how amazing he was and is. Therefore, without a doubt, my vote goes for Elton John.

Posted Jan 2, '14 at 9:17am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,487 posts

Oh! Hey waluigi! ;)

Vote:
I will cast my vote for Elton John as well! Both make awesome music, but Elton always gets my attention with evey song he sings, whereas David sometimes looses my interest after a while... Elton also has a distinct personality, as where David Bowie (sadly) decided to change his over time. Both started out as eccentric singers, but Elton stayed true to his performance, which I will always admire. =)

Posted Jan 5, '14 at 12:30am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

I'm voting for David Bowie.

While i do say that both certainly have a huge amount of influence on rock music and both are outstanding musicians and people, David Bowie's music i like a bit better than Elton Johns, and i also think that David Bowie had maybe a liiiiiittle more influence then Elton.

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 1:13pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

673 posts

Both are hugely influential people and talented musicians, I personally am not a fan of Elton John but not knocking him. David Bowie has the best style and prefer his music to Eltons.

Posted Jan 10, '14 at 9:16am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

Elton John -vs- David Bowie (Page 404)

I guess this is why they won't update the Page thing in the title...

Posted Jan 11, '14 at 11:14am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,629 posts

I'M FEELING VERY STILLLLLL
AAAANNND I THINK MY SPACESHIP KNOWS WHICH WAY TO GO-WHOA
tell me wife I love her very much
SHE KNOOOOOOWWWWSS

GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM YOUR CIRCUIT'S DEAD
THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG
CAN YOU HEAR ME MAJOR TOM?!
CAN YOU HEAR ME MAJOR TOM?1
CAN YOU HEAR ME MAJOR TOM?!

CAN YOU HHHHHEEEAAAARRRR THAT I'M VOTING FOR BOWIE
FOOOORRRRR I GREW UP TO HIM
HIM WITH DURAN DURAN
WAS VERY AWESOME TOO

DUN dunDUN dunDUN DUN DUN CLAP CLAP

Posted Jan 13, '14 at 7:37pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

Elton John, because to me he is the most reassuring man in music.

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 4:47pm

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

I've never listened to Elton John music so much (even if he's making great one of course), so my vote goes to Bowie. His music is special, but so good (I remember to have listened to Life on Mars so many times, one of my fav songs).

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 11:43pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Another round, another winner!

---------------------------
Elton John - 11
David Bowie - 7
---------------------------

I apologize greatly for my absence during the past couple weeks... I haven't had any time to come online and I may not get much more for some time, but I've asked someone to cover for me in my absence and, knowing their dedication to this community, I don't doubt that they'll find the time! =)

I haven't a heard a single song by Elton John.

That's why I gave you links to a few of them. =)

@Charlie506 - your reasoning is not sufficient and therefore I can't count your vote... be sure to elaborate more next time!

@R2D21999 - I counted your vote, but the reasoning is a little on the thin side!

And now, without further ado, I bring you the next battle...

Led Zeppelin

http://wikimetal.uol.com.br/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/LedZeppelin1973_Gruen.jpg

Stairway to Heaven
Whole Lotta Love
Black Dog
Immigrant Song
Over the Hills and Far Away

vs.

The Who

http://thewho.com/wp-content/gallery/the-who-in-the-seventies/70_who_all_in_a_row_640.jpg

Baba O'Riley
Won't Get Fooled Again
Who Are You?
My Generation
Pinball Wizard

Ready... set... VOTE!!

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!